Why Do We Learn?

The day just ended up getting worse. I couldn't get over how hot Chris looked in the amazing clothes Nadia and I picked out for him. I showed him where my locker was and then he ran off to go and find his. I struggled to snap back into reality while also struggling to remember the combination for my locker.
"1525"  I mumbled as I twisted the figures around.
Suddenly it clicked and the lock opened. I had the biggest smile on my face. I threw my school bag on the ground and looked at my timetable.
07:00 - Math
08:00 - Biology
09:00 - Geography
"Ugh I hate school!" I whined as I shut my locker door and locked the black combination lock.
"Yeah I do too" a voice I recognized and hated the most said in reply.
I turned to face the most shallow person in the whole world and asked "What do you want?".
"Oh nothing really, who was that guy you were with a few minutes ago?" she whispered.
"You don't need to whisper Casey jeez and that is my dad's friend's son. He just joined today" I explained in the meanest way I could.
She just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. Why do we learn, like especially shallow people like her, they never learn to stay away.

The bell rang so I started speed-walking to class hoping I don't get a detention, it would look bad to Chris. Paying no attention to where I was walking I bumped into someone. I looked up to see who is was and it was Chris with a huge grin on his face like he was about to laugh his butt off.

"What?" I asked.
"Your so funny" he laughed.
"Yeah yeah yeah whatever" I mumbled.
"Help me find my class?" he said more than requested.
"Fine, come on" I laughed while I grabbed his hand and started pulling him in the direction to his first class. I looked at his timetable and saw that he had Math with Mr. Rivers just like me. Oh I dread the thought.

Finally we reached our Math classroom. I swung open the door and threw him in ahead of me. Everyone in the class was laughing while we were messing with each other not realizing that Mr. Rivers had already began teaching the class. I walked down to my seat and then I heard a loud dragging sound. It was Chris moving his table to sit closer to me.

"Excuse me, who are you and why are you moving my tables?" Mr. Rivers questioned.
"Oh sorry I forgot sir, I'm Christopher Acciaro" he explained.
"Well then, welcome to my class Mr. Acciaro" Mr. Rivers said in shock.

Chris and I looked at each other while laughing and knew this was going to be a crazy day.