Chapter 2~ Shy or Mute?

Brooke's POV

Awaking, I saw the boys in my room. Their names are blurry. The blonde........ Nate? The curly head....... Henry? The tall guy with brunette hair....... Larry? The black haired boy............ Rick? But, I couldn't forget him. He helped me in my time of need. Louis.

I looked at my arms stiches and gauze covered up most of my arm.  Looking, I saw a clipboard beside me. Checking my weight I saw I was 92 pounds. My middle name is Lee? I thought is was leiga. Close enough. Larry stirred. Eyes fluttering, he looked at me sadly noticing the gauze and stiches.

Larry poked Louis. He awoke. "LIAM WHY DID YOU DO THAT I WAS DREAMING OF BROOK- Hey Brooke." He said innocently. I blushed. Remembering the boys names I stretched. Walking to the bathroom, I noticed clean new clothes.

http://www.polyvore.com/cruise_man/set?id=72687365

I gasped taking in that they'd do that for me. While going to the loo, I heard the other boys waking up. Groans and soft sighs filled the room. I flushed and washed my hands. I changed into the new clothes. I went out to see them wrestling. "It's not what it looks like." Zayn muttered. Stifling a laugh I climbed into the bed.

A police officer entered the room. "Ah Mrs. Gonlander I see your awake." The male said. The gestured for the boys to leave the room. He shut the door. "Brooke you remember your family right?" I nodded biting my lip. "When they were looking for you and coming back into the station....... they died. A drunk semi truck driver hit them. Only Ted, your brother survived. Know one knows what happened to him." Silent tears brushes my cheeks.

"I am terribly sorry. They have been dead for 4 years." I cried even harder. I was hoping to see them for 5 years!! Now I know four of them I was praying for nothing.

I ran into the bathroom noticing how ugly I was in the mirror. I locked the door and rocked back and forth in the fetal position until I heard pounding on the door. Opening the door, I saw the boys with worried expressions. "Brooke are you okay?" Liam asked. I tried to say something but nothing came out.

I kept trying and trying until nurses came in. They checked my throat and examined it.  They ran tests and I quietly sat there. The doctor came in and had shocking news. "Due to the lack of water, your throat has been not getting enough water and saliva that it caused you to be mute. Maybe forever. We will wait and see. If not, it should be back in the next three months." I gulped. Grabbing a Dixie cup, I filled it full of water and sloshed it down my throat to see if it would help, even worse.

I kept drinking water hoping it would go away but I sighed.

So I am Brooke Lee Gonlander. I am 92 pounds. And mute.