5

I stared at Ashton for quite some time, he never really noticed me which was good.

"Hi." Said a guy sitting across from me, it was the guy with the glasses from yesterday.

"Hi." Said another sitting next to him, he had one of those emo fringe things (like the one Ashton used to have). And if I'm being honest he was damn hot.

"Hi?"

"I'm Connor." Said the one in the glasses.

"And this is Kevin, my boyfriend."

Oh. 

Ok.

"I'm Denise." I said starring at the two.

I looked over at Ashton again and found him starring at me. I gulped and looked away quickly.

Both Connor and Kevin looked in the direction of Ashton and both let out an 'oh'.

What's that suppose to mean?

"Don't be friends with him, trust me his girlfriends a psychotic bitch." Kevin said brutally.

"Yeah, I've noticed." I said looking down at my hands.

"So you've met her?" Connor spoke.

"Yeah. She's always trying to make conversation."

"She's just trying to clear up her name I bet." Kevin said.

"Clear up her name?" What is she trying to clear up? What has she done?

"Well you didn't hear this from us but--" Connor started but was quickly interrupted.

"Hello Denise." Said the one and only Ashton.

I looked up and it seems like God is on my side today, because just as if on cue the bell rang.

Saved by the bell. A second time.

I grabbed my bag and rushed towards the door quickly going to my Art class.

I walked in and greeted my teacher. I sat in my assigned seat and waited for the bell to ring.

I was now in my chemistry class which sadly both Ashton and Brianna were in. But the good thing is that there was 5 minutes left in class. I sighed and put my head down as the lesson ended. Students began to put their stuff away and stand by the door.

I got my bag ready and stood up to find Brianna and Ashton standing in front of me.

"Hi Denise!" She said and hugged me.

I awkwardly stood there not hugging back. She let go just as the bell rang. That wasn't it no. She hooked her arm with mine as we walked out the class.

I felt unsteady as almost every pair of eyes were on us.

"Denise! Wait up!" I heard someone call out.

I turned to see Connor and the girl with the bright pink sweater walking towards us.

"You're friends with them?" Spoke Brianna just as Connor and the girl got to us.

"Let's go Denise, I think I might catch something." Brianna said shooting daggers at the two.

"Uh I think I might stay." I said nervously.

"Ugh whatever."

"Thank you." I said to Connor and the girl.

"No problem, anything to save a poor soul from the wretched bitch we all know as Brianna." Said the girl with a scowl.

Wow.

Harsh.

"Oh and I'm Melissa." She said sticking her hand out.

"Denise." I said shaking her hand.

She smiled and both Connor and her led me to where their 'squad' hang out.

They took me to a table no where near any students, there was the boy with the curly hair and the skate board, Kevin, and some other people I did not recognize.

The three of us sat down not anyone turning their attention towards us. I saw Melissa and the skater hug and kiss so I would assume they were dating. I also saw Kevin and Connor kiss, which I would admit was pretty cute.

I smiled at them, I could only dream of being in a relationship like that.