36

It was finally Friday.

I hadn't talked to Ashton. Or anyone really. Only Calum. He explained to me about what had happened between him and Michael. Pretty much after they had kissed Michael wanted a relationship, but Calum would always say he wasn't gay. He hates himself for ever saying that. Eventually Calum gave in, and Michael and him had a secret relationship. Obviously that didn't last. That one day I had caught Calum pretty much breaking up with Michael. He regrets it a lot.

Calum has pretty much become my best friend in two days. We tell each other everything. Even if it's just what we ate for dinner the night before. A lot can happen in two days.

Right now I was with Calum. We were rewatching the whole series of Teen Wolf.

Just as we watched one of the many wolf fights my phone buzzed.

Ashton:
Look outside the front door.

My heart began to race.

"Who is it?" Calum asked pausing the TV. He took my phone and his eyes showed confusion as he read.

"Well are you going to go check?"

I stood up and walked to my door. I held the door knob a little scared. I mean I just don't know what to expect.

I opened the door and what I saw could make cry, you know if Calum wasn't standing directly behind me.

There laying on the floor was a bouquet of flowers with a box of chocolates next to it.

"Oh my God!" Squealed Calum putting his hand over his mouth jumping up and down.

"That's so cute!"

I blushed slightly picking up the two items. When I picked up the flowers I noticed there was a small note attached to one of the stems.

"Here hold this." I said giving Calum the box of chocolates. He quickly snatched the box and ran into the kitchen.

I ripped the note from the stem and read the tiny words:
Please think about it..

I sigh left my mouth. I really don't want to think about it. Don't get me wrong I do like Ashton. A lot. I just don't think I want to ruin our friendship. Well, even though it is already kind of ruined.

There is a small part of me that doesn't think that someone like Ashton would like me. Me of all people. I mean, he broke up with Brianna for me? Brianna looks like a damn Victoria Secret model and I look like I belong on the cover of a magazine for diabetes.

I'm just having a really hard time grasping all of this.

Someone like Ashton doesn't like a girl like me.

"What does this note mean?" Asked Calum already chewing the chocolate.

"He wants me to think about what he told me the other day."

"Well after he did this I hope you don't have to think any longer."

"Of course I do!"

"Well listen from the looks of it, Ashton likes you a lot. He would talk about you constantly."

"I just really don't think he likes me. I mean look at me."

"Shut up, you're hot!"

"Be quiet." Seriously does he think I can actually believe that. Someone hot has had more than 10 boyfriends, me? I haven't had one!

"I'm not joking! I remember when I first met you I thought you were fine as fuck!" He's got to be kidding.

"Honestly Denise, when Ashton would talk about you, you could tell that you mean something to him. He wouldn't even talk about Brianna like that. He didn't even talk about her at all. And I don't ever remember Ashton sending flowers and chocolates to Brianna's house. You can tell Ashton cares about you. So I think you should try with him. I don't think you'll regret it."

(an hour later..)

I put the phone to my ear and waited as it rang.
Once.
Twice.
A third time.
By the fifth ring there was a small pause. I thought he had answered but then I was sent to voicemail.

Fucking voicemail.

You know when you send someone flowers and chocolates you would think they'd at least answer your phone call.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just over reacting.

Then my phone began to ring. It was Ashton. A smile made its way to my face.

"Hello? Asht--"

"Hello?" Said a girls voice.

"Uhh who is this?" I am beyond confused.

"Hey! Give me my phone." I heard a faint voice say. It was slightly slurring but I knew it was Ashton.

"Hey listen--"

I hung up before Ashton or the girl could talk. I don't really know what to think after that call. Was he hooking up with somebody? No.. he wouldn't.

Or would he?

--
I suck at updating /: