7

(Denise's outfit above)

five days before Christmas

I woke up the next day to rapid and loud banging at the door.

I groaned and rushed downstairs. I opened the door to see Connor, he gave me a really weird creepy smile.

"So Denise, have you thought about the party?" He asked while putting his arm against the door frame, making him look like a total tool.

"No."

"Well you better start thinking--" he started but was quickly interrupted.

"No I mean I'm not going."

"Wha-- you know what yes you are going" he said while putting his arms up "I don't care what you say, okay bye!" He ended while backing out of my lawn, almost tripping on the sidewalk.

I groaned while shutting the door. Is he really going to make me go? I don't even have any clothes! My thoughts were interrupted by my moms voice, once again coming out of no where and scaring the living daylight out of me.

"What party?"

"Wha-- how long were you standing there?" I really don't need my mom interrogating me about the party, then again she could be the reason I can't go. Wow I'm a genius!

"Answer my question. What party." She pushed looking intimidating as hell.

I gulped. "It's just my friend Connor invited me to a party and well, I don't really know who's throwing it? But I totally understand if you don't want me to go." I said ending with a smile.

"I really don't care if you go Denise, I just don't want you coming home with a boy or reeking like alcohol." She said with a grimace face.

Is she serious. Is she not going to get mad at me? Is she really going to let me go? Ugh I hate everything. "Are you sure mom? I mean I could always stay!"

"Your friend sounded like he really wanted you to go. So go." She said walking out the door to her car.

"I don't even have clothes!"

"I'll take you shopping when I get home from work, bye baby." She said giving me a kiss on the forehead and shutting the car door.

I shut the door to the house and groaned. Why is this even happening. Ugh stupid party. Stupid Connor for making me go to the stupid party.

9 hours later

I laughed at the TV screen, wait not laugh cackle. Yeah I cackle and it's gross.

My mom walked threw the door and turned off the TV making me whine. "Okay I'm going to get changed and we will leave alright." She said putting her purse down and rushing up the stairs.

Ugh I totally forgot about shopping. I had already showered earlier so I just threw on some clothes and shoes. I looked at my reflection in the mirror of the bathroom and grimaced at my hair. I took my brush and roughly brushed the knots out.

"Oh Denise your going to go bald if you keep treating your hair like that, c'mon lets just go."

I sighed as I finished with my hair and ran to my moms car. She smiled at me and reversed out of the driveway.

"Oh! Honey get this one!" My mom squealed as she held up a black top.

"Mom that looks a little--short." It was true the shirt would show off my stomach. And I'm pretty sure no one wants to see that.

"Oh it will be fine! Just wear high wasted pants." She said pulling out some green skinny pants. Yes green.

"Do you really think this will look nice?" I just really don't want to wear green pants. That's just weird! I mean yes they look nice but on me? No.

"Your right! Here put this over I promise you it will look fantastic!" She said handing me a black leather like jacket.

I groaned as she pushed me towards the fitting rooms.

I put on the outfit and gasped. It surprisingly looked decent, nice even. The shirt was a bit short but the pants covered my unflattering stomach. And the jacket made everything look even better.

"Let me see!" Spoke my mom on the other side of the door.

I opened the door and my moms face said it all. She gave me a hug and we quickly paid for the outfit and went home.

This party better be worth it.