25

"I don't want you talking to that guys he's no good." Ashton said pulling me back to the boys.

I gulped and looked down. I was ashamed. I don't know why I think it was because Ashton kept giving me shit for talking to this boy, Jason.

We got back to the toys but the boys were no where to be seen. That was until we heard small laughter coming from the electronics aisle.

When we found them Michael and Calum were dancing to A Thousand Years. I couldn't help but let out a small giggle as they nearly knocked down the speakers on display.

"Ohhh guys come here!" Shouted Luke, coming from the other side of the aisle.

We all walked over to see Luke hold up a white mini Polaroid.

"Let's buy one!" He squealed.

Ashton snatched the box away from Luke and looked over it.

"It's $65."

Luke's face formed a frown. He looked so adorable, like a small puppy. I wanted to just squeeze his small little face. But that would be weird.

Ashton stared at Luke for a while before sighing.

"Okay fine." Ashton sighed taking the box to the cashier.

They came back a couple minutes later with the box in a target bag.

"So are we done?" Calum asked.

"I guess so."

We went back to the car and we just sat there not saying anything.

"So can I go home now?" I asked turning to Ashton. He smiled nodding turning the car on and driving off.

We got to my house and before I got out of the car Michael spoke up.

"Hey we should do this again!"

I nodded with a smile saying thank you to Ashton for the ride and I shut the door.

I unlocked the door and got in. I saw the lights from the kitchen on so I assumed my mom was home.

"Where were you?" She asked. She didn't look mad. Which was good. I didn't expect her to be here so soon.

"I went to target with some of my friends. That isn't a problem is it?"

"No I just wish you'd told me." She said smiling.

I apologized and we talked for a bit. I like having a good relationship with my mom it makes it easier to talk to her when I need advice or when I just feel like talking.

I went up to my room and flopped on my bed.

I'm such a hypocrite, I thought. I really don't have the right to tell Connor that he shouldn't hang out with Ashton when I just spent about an hour with him and his friends at target. I think I need to apologize. And I need to talk to Ashton. Do I even need to talk to him? I feel like I'll end up believing him anyways. Because of this stupid crush I'm having on him.

A ding on my phone broke me away from my thoughts.

lukehemmings took a photo of you!

I unlocked my phone to look at what Luke had posted. It was a picture of today, of when Michael and Calum were dancing. I looked at Ashton and he was looking down at me. He looked so adorable the way his smile made his dimples show. He made me so happy. I don't even know why I like him so much. I hate the way he makes me feel! He has so much control over me without even trying!

I screenshoted the picture because I need more pictures on my Instagram. I posted the picture without a caption and tagged all the boys.

Another ding came from my phone. It was a message from an unknown number.

Hey Denise it's Luke
Ash gave me your number lol

We continued to text about stupid stuff, that was until Luke brought up that one topic.

Luke
So have u forgiven us

Me
Oh I'm not sure

Luke
Are you serious?

Me
Well I still kinda want to talk to Ashton.

Luke
Whatever
we are planing on hanging out on Friday u in?

Me
Yea sure.

Luke didn't answer, he was kind of a dry texter. I don't know if it was just me being awkward or just him.

I'm kind of excited for Friday it was fun today so I can only imagine how it will be then. Also Friday is kind of a handful mostly because Valentine's Day is on a Saturday this year so most students will bring gifts that day.

I can't wait.