31

I have been at Connors house for about 30 minutes. And surprisingly it went better than I thought. It wasn't awkward at all. We acted as if nothing had ever happened. And that's a good thing trust me. I am not good at addressing problems.

Right now Melissa was complaining about how her boyfriend, Paul, she said how he would never pay attention to her and how he didn't make a good impression to her parents.

"I mean! He walked in right? And he left his skateboard on the couch! Like who does that!" She exclaimed pacing around in Connors room.

I looked over at Connor and Kevin and smiled. Kevin was laying on Connors chest as Connors hand was stroking Kevin's hair. It was absolutely adorable.

I must have dosed off because next thing I knew Melissa was waving her hand in my face.

"Oh what?" I said utterly confused.

Melissa sighed and repeated what she said, "So whats going on in that little brain of yours? I mean you have to have some stuff going on right?" I thought back at today in sixth period, what Ashton said. But then my mind quickly remembered of the last time I told Melissa about my feelings for Ashton. She completely freaked out. Yeah I shouldn't say anything.

"Oh nothing really." I shrugged. I could already tell by the look on Melissa's face she wasn't going to take that for an answer.

"Don't give me that! I saw you and Ashton talking after school! Somethings up!" Well shit no hiding it now.

"Wait what does she mean?" Connor asked sitting up from his bed.

"I'm just stating the obvious! Denise likes Ashton and Ashton likes Denise!" Melissa exclaimed throwing her arms in the air.

"Wait wait, you like Ashton?" Connor said with his eyes wide open and this finger pointed to me.

I slowly nodded and his mouth made a perfect 'O' shape.

"So anyways," Melissa cut in turning to me, "what happened!"

"Well uh, before sixth period started Ashton and I were talking just normally. And uh, we both kinda just stared into each other eyes and--" I paused shortly and looked up and the three were leaned in looking very interested, "--he uh, he called me beautiful." As I said that Melissa gasped and aww'd.

"See! I told you he liked you!" She shrieked jumping and clapping.

"I highly doubt that." I said lowly. I didn't think she would hear but once I said that she quickly stopped jumping and looked at me.

"What do you mean! It's obviously he does!"

"Well after class he told me to forget whatever he said because he didn't mean it." I vividly remember the pain in my chest I felt when he said that. I blinked rapidly to stop my eyes to get watery.

"What the hell! What a jerk! You can't just say that!" She said pacing around the room again.

"Wait so before I came in that's why your face was so red?" Connor asked completely ignoring Melissa bickering with herself.

I nodded and avoided eye contact.

I saw Connor pull out his laptop from under his bed and I saw him click here and there. I then heard the facetiming ring and a few seconds later I heard an all to familiar voice greet Connor.

"What's up Con." He said.

"Hey I had a few questions."

"Can it wait for later? I'm a bit busy right now." Ashton said. From where I was sitting I could see the laptop screen and he was clearly shirtless and in the corner of the screen I could see the all too familiar blonde.

Wow. I should have known he didn't like me. Him calling me beautiful was probably just a joke. I should have known. I'm such a fool.

"I uh I think I should leave." I said lowly standing up. Well I thought I spoke lowly. Clearly not because Ashton heard me.

"Denise? Is that you." All eyes were on me as I stood completely still in the middle of the room. Connor looked at me and I shook my head hoping he would understand what I meant.

"Oh no that wasn't her that was uh Melissa." Connor spoke still staring at me. I mouthed thank you and continued my way out the door.

Once I was in my own house I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow.

--
Yo this is such a boring chapter my apologizes lol
But I'd highly appreciate if ya'll could follow me on Instagram n Twitter .. Or don't doesn't matter lmao

Insta: _heyimdestiny
Twit: destinydom4