Discovery

Grimsley's POV

Marshal was going to kill me if that Alder person didn't kill me first. I stared at the boxes on the floor from the closet, my heart racing in my chest.

Oh god... I thought nervously, pressing myself deeper into the closet. 

I heard the door open and I tensed up, my heart racing faster. I saw Alder walk in and I tried to go into the closet deeper. 

Don't find me... Please don't find me... I thought nervously, holding my breath slightly.

Alder looked at the boxes I had knocked over and he blinked, furrowing his brow in thought.

"Huh... What knocked these over?" He said, half to himself.

I kept backing away into the closet, but I stepped on something and it made a loud crunching sound. I hissed slightly as Alder jumped and turned his head towards the sound. I saw his eyes narrow and he walked up slowly. I felt my breath hitch slightly and panic set in.

Oh no... Stop walking here, go away! I thought desperately.

Before he could get close enough to see me I saw Marshal walk in. I could tell he was starting to panic too, but he was better at hiding it then I was.

"Alder, it was just a box that fell! No big deal! Really, come on let's go drink the tea ok!" He said quickly.

Alder turned to him and I let out a silent sigh of relief. We were safe, for now at least. 

"Hah, ok I guess you're right Marshal, but there's just something I want to check first. You don't mind if I look in this closet, right?" He asked.

I saw Marshal go pale and I felt my stomach drop.

Oh no... 

"Uh, I'd rather you didn't... I have some really personal stuff in there and I just don't like people looking through my stuff..." Marshal said weakly.

Alder chuckled and turned back to the closet. I could tell he was searching for me and it made me extremely uncomfortable. I tried to go farther back into the closet, but I knew it was only a matter of time before Alder found me. 

"Oh come on Marshal, you can trust me, can't you?" Alder purred, "I just want to check for vampires first. I know he's here somewhere."

I felt my blood, if I had any still, run cold. Alder looked at Marshal and I could see that even Marshal had gone tense as well. There was no chance in hiding now, I knew there wasn't. I heard Marshal sigh weakly and he looked at the closet.

"Ok, Grimsley, the jig is up... Come on out now..." He said, sounding defeated.

I wanted to keep hiding. I wanted to try and find a way to save us both even though I knew there was no hope anymore. We had been caught red-handed, and it pained me to admit defeat so easily. I took a deep breath and I walked out of the closet. I saw Alder's eyes widen in surprise, as if he hadn't expected to find a vampire here. I smiled weakly and waved.

"Hehe... Hey..." I said weakly.

((Sorry it's so short, the next chapter will be longer to make up for it.))