[2] Selina Kyle

A/N: Again, with the stuff not really happening or being completely accurate, it's apart of the story. Also, some things possibly may not make sense but if they don't then let me know so I can go back and go more in depth. 

UPDATE: SO APPARENTLY HALF OF MY CHAPTER ONE DIDN'T UPLOAD? LIKE WHAT I SEE ON IT IS JUST HALF OF IT UGH

||Ansley's POV||

Earlier the next morning, after leaving Bruce's, my Uncle was called in for work. Something about someone on the streets being killed. Instantly, I think of one of my childhood friends, Selina. Almost everything I know that I didn't learn from my parents, I learned from her. Which, I know it couldn't of been her, at least I hope. I should probably try to find her or something, but I don't know. 

Barbara walks out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her head. "What do you want for dinner tonight?" She asks, sitting next to me and grabbing a magazine from the coffee table. I shrug. "It doesn't matter. Why are you asking so early?" I ask, looking over at the clock. It's only 2pm She shrugs. "I don't know, I just wanted to be prepared. How does chinese sound?" "I've never really had it, but I guess I could try it." I tell her and she nods. 

After a few minutes of silence I speak up. "I think I'm going to go back to the Diner and see Mrs. and Mr. Jackson. I tell her standing up. She nods. "Be careful, and keep your phone on too." I nod and walk into my room. I change out of my fuzzy pajamas and into a grey sweater with a heart on it, and I throw on a random pair of jeans, along with my converse. I tell Barbara I'll be back later, and head out the door. Yes, I know I've been in my pajamas all day. 

The Diner is about 20 minutes away, and I groan. I don't really want to walk, but I don't want to take a bus or taxi either. People here are insane.

 Deciding to walk, I do. Really, I wanted to go to the Diner to try and find Selina, it's been a few years and she's really my only friend. The Jacksons would always give us food whenever we needed it, it kept us from stealing, or at least it kept me from stealing, but I'm really grateful.

Finally after 15 minutes of walking, I spot the familiar sign above the Diner. The bells ring as I walk in, and Mrs. Jackson smiles. "Ansley! I was hoping you'd drop by today." I smile and nod. "Yeah, I was actually hoping to find Selina, or does she still come here?" Mrs. Jackson's smile fades a little. "I rarely see her. She comes in every once in awhile, but that's it." I sigh. "Okay, thanks. Can I get a hot chocolate? It's a little cold outside." She smiles and nods. Once she fixes it up, I hand her $2. "I probably owe you a lot more, but I promise, I'll work it off, or pay you back somehow." She gives me another smile. "How many times have I told you? You don't have to pay me back. And, I would love for you to work here, but you're still only 12." I sigh, and nod. "Yeah, I know." I take a sip of my hot chocolate and the bells ring signalling someone walked in. "Heard ya were looking for me." A familiar voice says. I turn around almost knocking my hot chocolate over. 

"Selina!" She smiles and hugs me. 

"How'd you know I was looking for you?" I ask and she sits down next to me. "I saw your Uncle, and just assumed." She shrugs, and Mrs. Jackson hands her a cup of hot chocolate too. I nod. She grins. "So, are you up for some fun like in the good ole days?" 

"Depends. Nothing illegal right? My Uncle works for the GCPD now, and that wouldn't really be good for him." She rolls her eyes. "Man, you have gone soft." 

I finish the last of my hot chocolate, and stand up. Selina and I just spent the past 30 minutes catching up with Mrs. Jackson and each other.

"Do you like him?" Selina asks as we walk out of the Diner. "Who, Bruce? I just met him." She smirks. "I'm sure. But he gave you his number, have you texted him?" I shake my head. "No, what if he doesn't want to talk to me?" She rolls her eyes. "You're such a girl." Now it's my turn to roll my eyes. "Yeah yeah. Where are we going?" I ask, as we turn down a road. She shrugs. "What time do you have to be home?" I check my phone for the time and see I've been out for like 3 hours. "At like six. So we still have an hour at least." I tell her and she nods. "Well, I would show you my home and everything, but last night the place I was staying at, these people came and everything. It was insane, they stabbed a couple kids with pins."