[4] Sleepover

||Ansley's POV||

As I was eating my cereal the next day I noticed Barbara seemed a little shaken up. "Are you okay?" I ask, and she turns around. "Yeah, I'm fine. Jim called though, said he could take you to Bruce's. And I'm sure Cat could go too." 

Cat's head shoots up. "Oh no, Ansley can go. I'll go do something like I usually do." 

Barbara stares at her for a moment then shakes her head. "I guess you can go out, but please nothing that will get you arrested." Cat makes a face. "Me? Arrested? Never." 

If Bruce wanted to hang out, then why didn't he just text me? I press the home button on my phone, and the screen pops up. No new messages. I notice Cat grinning. 

She had texted him while I was sleeping asking. He texted me around midnight last night saying he needed my help, so Cat texted him back and told him I'd come over today.

I glare over at her and she grins. "I'm a great friend."

"Oh yeah, totally." I roll my eyes. I shove the last bite of cereal into my mouth and place the empty bowl in the sink. 

"What time did uncle Jim say he was taking me to Bruce's?" I ask Barbara. "Uh soon. He didn't really specify." 

I nod and head into my room. May as well go and get ready now.

I open my closet doors and hear someone behind me. Probably Cat. "You should wear a skirt." She says scanning through my closet. "Gross. It's just Bruce's house." 

"It's just Bruce's house." She mimics. "Right, Bruce Wayne's house. The son of Gotham. Probably one of the richest people, you need to look your best." She says, not taking her eyes off my closet. 

She pulls out a black sweater and collared shirt along with jeans. "Wear this." She instructs and I roll my eyes but head to the bathroom to change. 

Once I'm done, I walk back into the room and Cat whistles. "Woah. That's fancy." She laughs. 

"Whatever." I mumble. Barbara yells that Jim's here so I tell the two girls bye and head outside to the car. 

I hop in and get buckled up. Jim smiles at me and I stare straight ahead. I don't know why he takes me to the Wayne's house, it's obviously for business about the Wayne murders but still.

"You and Bruce seem to get along well." 

I shrug. "We kind of got into an argument about him hurting himself, but other than that, yeah I guess so." 

My uncle turns up the radio a little louder. Anaconda was on. 

A grin spreads wide across my uncle's face. Horror crosses mine as he starts singing along to the lyrics. 

"MY ANACONDA DON'T. MY ANACONDA DON'T. MY ANACONDA DON'T WANT NONE UNLESS YOU GOT BUNS HUN. COME ON ANSLEY SING WITH ME." 

I'm too busy laughing to reply. That's how it is for the rest of the ride to the Wayne's. As soon as we pull into the gate, Bruce and Alfred greet us. By now, we've recollected ourselves and aren't laughing anymore.

Bruce smiles at the two of us. "Come in." 

We follow the two people inside and sit on the couch.

"So, Jim, when you called earlier and said you were bringing Ansley, you said you needed to talk business?" Alfred says, laying out a plate of what I'm assuming is cookies. It may be some other fancy food, I'm not sure.

"Right, uh, I need the information for the Wayne's plan for Arkham."

Then Alfred and Jim go into talking about Maroni and Falcone who both are going for Arkham. This city is way worse than I thought.

Bruce jumps up and grabs a file off a desk full of files. He starts reading a letter his mother wrote.

"I don't want my parents dream to die with them." Bruce says, looking up from the paper.

"I understand that, but this is bigger than Arkham. Whatever is going on could lead to a citywide gang war."

"Then we'll stop it."

My uncle seems taken aback by Bruce's response, leaving all of us in silence for a few minutes, until his phone rings.

My uncle stands up to answer it, by the tone in his voice I can tell it's Harvey. My uncle says he'll be right there. Must be a case.

Jim turns around to face us. "There's something at work, do you mind if Ansley stays here for a little while longer? I'll pick her up or have Barbara do it as soon as I can."

Alfred nods. "Yes, of course. She's always welcome here."

My uncle kisses the top of my head and rushes out to the car. 

Bruce smiles a small smile towards me. "So, do you like reading?" He asks. "Of course."

He stands up and walks over to a bookshelf, which I'm assuming he wanted me to follow him.

Alfred had already left the room, said something about making lunch.

I run my fingers along the spines of the books, a small grin on my face. "You have a lot. There has to be at least 200 books here." There's probably more than that to be honest.

"My mother, she loved reading. This..." He says, grabbing a book and handing it to me. "Was her favorite."

I take the book in both hands and examine it carefully.

Sense and Sensibility. She must of really liked classics. 

Bruce and I spend the next couple of hours reading and discussing random things. 

The time must have slipped away because it was already dark and no one had shown up to get me. Bruce offered to let me stay the night, so I guess that's what I was going to do. Barbara and Jim was okay with it as well as Alfred.

That night, Bruce and I made our own beds on the couches and fell asleep there. 

Ah, rich people couches really are comfortable.

--

A/N: IM REALLY UPSET BECAUSE I WROTE LIKE HALF THIS CHAPTER AND THEN IT DELETED. THX WATTPAD. REALLY APPRECIATE IT. 

SO THAT'S WHY IT'S KIND OF CHOPPY AT THE END IM SORRY

ILL TRY TO MAKE THE NEXT COUPLE OF CHAPTERS BETTER, JUST PARDON THE HORRIBLENESS OF THEM.