3. The Appointment

Michael met me while on his lunch break. So he came smelling like grease and oil. He's a mechanic at his dads shop. He more or less pretty much runs it himself. I asked what excuse he gave his dad but his dad wasn't there at the time. A nurse stepped out and called us back to a part of the hallway with a scale. She weighed me then took my temperature and blood pressure. Afterwards she showed me to an exam room. She told me to undress and put on this gown. I looked at Michael as she walked out.

"What?"

"Turn around." I gave him a duh look.

"We conceived a child together. I've seen you in a lot less then this." He picked at the gown. I rolled my eyes and stripped down. I looked over at Michael expecting him to watch me but he turn around. I sat on the exam table waiting for the doctor. Michael sat in a chair by me. The door open and a dark haired lady walked in. She smiled and introduced herself as Doctor Megan Griffin. She asked me a few questions about my health. Gave some facts and what I shall expect from the next few weeks. She said I'm in my first trimester. I'll experience morning sickness, fatigue, food cravings or aversion, mood swings, and breast changes. She said I might experience other symptoms but those are the most common ones. She then explain that she'll do a pelvic exam and a breast exam. Afterwards shell do an ultrasound. She smiled and told me to relax. I laid back as she did the pelvic. Felt creeped out as she did the breast not to mention they hurt. Then she grab a wand looking stick and put what to appear as a condom on it and then squirt some gel on it. I gave Michael a weird look.

"Uh is that going.."

"Yes it's going in her vagina. The pregnancy is to early to see the other way. This way we can see how its developing and hear a heartbeat maybe." she smiled. I reached over and grabbed Michaels hand and she eased it in me. It wasn't as bad as I thought it to be. She moved it around and was staring at the monitor. Her smile grew and she moved the screen towards us. I looked up at it saw a black circle and a white smudge in the middle.

"That's the babies and here are their heartbeats." wait what?

"Babies?"Michael and I said at the sametime.

"Yes here's one." she point to one bump in the front and moved her hand to the second bump "and here is it's twin in the back. Their heartbeat sound strong. Congrats yall two. Ms. Hood why don't you clean up and meet me in my office." she left me there baffled. Not just one baby but two babies. I was having twins. Oh my word. How can I possibly deal with twins. Holy crap. Holy crap. Holy crap. I looked at Michael. He was staring at the floor. I got up and dressed. Michael followed me out of the room to her office. We sat down across from her desk.

"Well isn't this exciting. Twins. I have twins of my own and honestly I had them very young so I can imagine what your feeling and thinking." I looked at her desk and saw a pic of twin boys with santa. They look to be about seven. I felt a little better that she knows what I'm feeling and knows what I'm gonna go through. I smiled at her. She continued talking and I glanced over at Michael. He was paying attention to her. Weird he never pays attention. He's a goofball. I looked back at her. She was talking about our options. I heard the word abort and then Michael spoke up before I could and said were not doing that and she handed is a pamplet on adoption and a number for an office. I took it and smiled. I don't know what I wanna do. This is all so surreal. She then handed us a couple of sonogram pictures and we left. At the check out window I made another appointment in four weeks. We walked out. Michael parked beside me. He was a few steps ahead of me. He stopped and turned around to face me. He had his serious face on. I wish I could read it and see how he's feeling. If he's freaking out like me. I went to say something but he interrupted.

"Like I said before. I'll support your decision on the babies on whatever you want and I'm here for you no matter what. I know we never got along and never could make it but I'm here now. So take sometime and think about it. I'll do the same and Friday well meet for lunch at the pizza place and discuss what we wanna do. Okay?" He bent down a little to look me in the eyes. I like this Michael the one that takes control of a situation. But the way his eyebrows are furrow I can tell he's stressing but doesn't want to tell me. I wish he would so I know I'm not the only one freaking out. I nod my head in agreement. He kissed my forhead and got in his car. I walked around and got in mine. I sat there staring at the sonogram. I noticed one was torn off. Michael. So maybe he does care. I crunk up and left. I told my self I wasn't going to get upset but this is to much. I don't know what I want to do. But I do know I want to go lay down and eat some ice cream and pizza. Yeah that'll make me feel better.

I pulled up to our apartment calling Amber to see if she's home. Which she was and waiting on me. I told her I order pizza and I'll be up in a minute. She is going to flip out.