24. Moments like this

♡ LEXI'S POV

Here we are back at the doctors office to see if anything changed. Michael was here with me. This past week has been rocky for us all. Between the babies health and my depression we all about went crazy. But thanks to Michael breaking through to me I'm okay now. The doctor walked in and got eveything ready. I laid back and showed my stomach. She quiet the gel and ran the instrument around.

"Let's see here." She pressed a couple button and moved around. "Well baby A is at 135 and baby B is at 130. So they are doing good for now. In fact they are weighing more then they should. Suppose to be maybe a pound. But A is pushing two pounds and B is one and a half pounds. Good job parents." She handed me a towel to clean up. I was so happy. I hugged Michael tight. She let us go but to come back in two weeks. She wants to see every two weeks. I walked and made an appointment. We walked out to the parking lot. Michael drove us here just incase. I'm off of bed rest but I still need to take not easy. We aren't out of the woods completely. Michael's dad has been filling in for him since he's been with me some. I was gave the chance of a day off but I was ready to get out of the house. So we headed to work. I was also kinda excited about seeing Frank again. I haven't seen much of him lately. We pulled up to an empty parking space. I try to reach my purse but my big belly keeps getting in the way. I was getting frustrated. He reached down and grabbed it for me. I thanked him and got out of the car. I slowly walked inside and went to my desk. Michael's dad rushed out of the back and met up with me. He face was of questioning and worry. I held my face blank and looked at him.

"For the love of Ryan Gosling just tell me." He nearly shouted. Michael walked up and laid a hand on his back.

"Don't worry dad everything is fine. Just got to keep stress out of her life." Michael beamed.

"You sneaky rodent." I just smiled in amusement. "Karen said she'll be here with lunch. Said something about a girls luncheon. Whatever the hell that means." Daryl walked off grinning.

"Is she coming to make sure I'm eating?" I turned to Michael. He just looked at me.

"Lexi-"

"Uggh I'm eating okay. I'm not a child. I know that I need to eat."

"Your meds?"Michael raised an eyebrow at me. I just glared.

"Yes Michael I took them this morning." The door to the shop open. Frank walked through with a soda and a bag of pretzels.

"Here babe I got these for you." He smiled. My face fell.

"Get out." I pointed to the door. He looked to me and then to Michael. He turned and walked off. "Both of you." Michael walked off smiling. I noticed he wrapped his arm around Frank's shoulder and talked to him. Probably telling him I only drink sprite because it doesn't make me sick like other sodas and I hate pretzels. They so evil. Rolling my eyes I put them away and got to work. I sat down and turn my computer on.

Karen walked in when it was lunch time.

"Sorry dear but I would had cooked something but I know being pregnant and all you eat certain things. So I'm gonna take you to lunch. Where would you like to go?"

"You know I could go for some hot wings."

"Okay just tell me where."

"Pkay great let's go." I grabbed my purse and walked over to the door. I knocked on the glass signalling that I was leaving. Michael walked over and poked his head out of the door.

"Mom let me get five dollars."

"Michael ask your dad he's in there."

"Where y'all going to lunch?"

"I'm wanting some good hot wings." I smiled at Michael and it took him a second to catch on to what I was talking about. Then he smiled. He walked out and went back to an SUV. I followed Karen out to her car and got in. I showed here where to go. This was Michael's and my resturant. We always came here after we got high. Not my glory days but this was our special place. Not like I'm trying to go down memory lane or anything I'm just really craving hot wings. We parked and got out. I walked in and she followed. A hostess came and showed us to a booth to sit down. She handed us a menu and took our drink order. I knew what I wanted. A platter of hot wings. Bleu cheese dipping sauce and a side of fries. Karen just wanted a bbq sandwich and some homemade chips.

The waitress came back with our drinks and took our orders. She smiled an walked off. Karen looked at me. Here we go.

"How are you feeling dear?"

"A little better." I did a small smile.

"When I was pregnant with Michael I was a few episodes." I just looked at her. Was she serious? I didn't say nothing and neither did she.

"Have you thought of baby names yet?"

"Nope not yet. Michael is suppose to be coming over. Apparently it's his shift and I'll probably talk to him tonight about it." I sipped my water. The waitress brought out our food. Good I was starving. When I said I was starving you could tell. I dove into those wings like and fat girl seeing chocolate cake on cheat day. I just heard Karen giggle and went to eating her meal. Everyrhing was so good. The babies started moving around. I sat up and wipes my hands and mouth.

"The babies are moving if you want to feel." I told Karen she got up and came around to sit beside me. I placed her hand where all the action was. She laughed and I saw tears in her eyes. She was happy. I made her happy. She kissed the side of my head.

"Thank you." I couldn't help the tears building up. It was a happy moment.