26. Confusion

Mavis came by to get me about eleven. Michael was still here. But he woke up to make breakfast for us. Now I'm seating in the kitchen with Michael and Mavis and all I can think about was what am I going to do about Frank? He still makes me happy but he's been acting weird. Like instead of being helpful he's being competitive. It's not a competition. And everytime I try to talk to the babies with Jim and changed the subject. I'm sorry but if involved with me during my pregnancy then your involved in the babies lives. It's just all to weird. And then there's Michael. I still remember everything he told me that night. And he's been here helping me. Well hrs always been there but now it's different like something changed in him. Michael admitted to me what happen to his face. I kinda already knew but just didn't say anything. We haven't been fussing a lot lately. I'm glad for. But now I'm back to being confused. I still feel the tingle and sparks when we touch or when he kisses me. I know he still loves me and he's waiting on me. But I don't want him to wait forever. I dug myself in way too deep.

"Alexandra!" Michael's booming voice snapped me out of it. "We been calling you." I just smiled.

"Sorry I was lost in thought." I looked over at Mavis and gave her a look. She nod in understanding. I finished my pancakes and bacon. I got up and put my plate in the dishwasher. I walked down the hallway to get dress. Which was leggings and a flowy tunic. Fall was setting in thank goodness. I slide my gray Uggs on. I walked back down the hall to see Mavis was the only one here. She smiled and handed me my purse and phone. We walked out to her car. I didn't feel like driving. We drove to the party supply store in silence.

"What's up?your to quiet." She pulled a cart out and pushed it to me. I sat my purse in the seat next to hers and followed her down an aisle.

"I'm so confused on what I'm suppose to do." She through some stuff in the cart.

"Want to know what I think?"

"No."

"I'm think you should take this time to focus on you and your babies. Forget Michael or Frank." She waved them off. We walked down another aisle. "Besides if we all had our way we would choose Michael." I just looked and her. She rolled her eyes.

"I maybe new to this foursome y'all have going on but even I can see how y'all feel about eachother." I just smiled.

"Frank makes me happy as well."

"Frank is a jerk." She shut her mouth as soon as she said it.

"What?" She let out a breath.

"We wasn't going to tell y'all but the night Michael came over and snapped you back to reality he refused for him to see you. Michael doesn't know. But we all wanted to call him but he was pitching a fit."

"So Calum punched him?" I saw he had brushing around his noise. She smiled.

"Nope." Popping the P. "Luke." My best friend. But I didn't like how she called Frank a jerk or how they was keeping secrets from me. I shook my head. I'm not gonna focus on that. I'm gonna do what Mavis said. She's right. We walked up and down more aisles.

"Are we almost done?" I fussed.

"Yes you big baby. Besides I have to go to the craft store later. I'll do that another day." We walked up to the cash register. She piled everything up to be checked out. After we left we went to the drive through of taco bell. While waiting my phone rang. Odd it was Frank.

"Hello?" I asked confused. He never calls me during the day. Just text me.

"Where you at? I came by and you wasn't home. " I looked at Mavis who was staring at me. I put my fingers to my lips to shush her and I put him on speaker phone

"I'm uptown. Why what's up?"

"Nothing just wanted to see my girlfriend. I'm in your driveway. I'll just wait since you won't be much longer." We looked at each other.

"I never said I wasn't coming home now. I'm not done."

"Oh I just figured since I called and told you I wanted to see you, you would come home."

"No like I said I'm not done."

"Your car is here. Who are you with?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Is it Michael? His car isn't home." I looked at Mavis who was shocked. I was getting mad. She pulled up to the window and got our stuff and paid for it. I had him on mute for a second. I didn't want him to know where I was. She pulled off to a random parking spot and parked.

"No I'm not with him. I don't know where he's at."

"Are you lying?" Excuse him.

"Honestly it's none of your business if he was with me. We are having kids together."

"Well talk when you get home. I'll be waiting."

"I'm not coming home now. Sorry."

"You have to eventually." And he hung up.

"What the fuck was that?" Mavis asked. I was kinda scared.

"He's never acted like that before. This is new."

"That's how he act the other night. Girl you need to call someone and make him leave or at least be there when y'all talk. Do not be alone with him." I nod. "But you have to tell someone. Your brother or the boys."

"No please don't say anything! I'll handle it." She wanted to argue but I gave her my pleading look. She relunctly agreed.

"Fine but I will be next door." She put the car in drive. She drove us back to my home, but she parked in the boys driveway. I got out and went home. He got out of his truck and engulf me into a hug. He kissed me. I pulled away and went to the front door to open it. I looked over to see Mavis staring at me in worry.