Slow Your Roll

" Aunt Dina!"

"What the hell is this?!"

I laughed as I stood up, "This is Ayden, Dina!"

"Nice to meet you." Ayden said embarrassed holding out his hand.

"Oh no you were trying to bone my niece, get away from her!"

I took my aunt out in the hall "We'll be right back Ayden."

"Dina! Nothing was going to happen."

"And how do I know that?, he is cute but you can't give up the goodies already Pey Pey!"

"Aunt!"

"What?!"

"I'm celibate." I whispered

"Oh. Well, does he know that?"

"I do, sorry for eavesdropping, but I love Peyton and she deserves the world so I think I can wait for her to be ready." He said sincerely.

"Aww! That's so gay!" Dina said.

"Dina! It's cute!" I hugged Ayden thank you.

"You know I'll kill you if you hurt my niece right Ayden." My aunt said with a straight face. Even at her 5'7" height she could be very intimidating with her Tom boyish ways. I knew better though, she wouldn't hurt a fly...literally. She captures them and lets them back out side.

Ayden gulped but squared his shoulders. "She is in very capable hands Dina."

I hugged her tight then She turned to go back down stairs and we trailed behind.

I pecked Ayden on the lips thank you. It was quick but it still made my tummy do a summersault. We walked into the kitchen to see everyone eating barbecue my dad had put on the grill earlier.

Music blared through the speakers from outside. A mixture of the Roots, a Tribe Called Quest,, and old black peoples music. Even though I didn't particularly like my dads jams I didn't hate. I grew up with those songs so I sang the words automatically and started pulling out all the old school moves my parents taught me when I was younger.

Ayden started dancing with me, little did I know he knew the throwback dance moves too. I started laughing as my family made a soul train line around us.

I booked as soon as I heard my mom tell out the macaroni was done and we can eat.

"Dang Pey, I didn't know you could run that fast!" Eli said calling me out.

I quickly proceeded to pop the chip he was about to eat out of his hand. I laughed and clapped hands with Dina while the dog came and greedily liked the chip up.

"Let's play 4 square!"

That's why I love my Aunt. Always down to play games.

I ended up winning the most games and my family started accusing me of cheating.

"You be throwing low blows!"

"Cherry bombs? Really?"

I laughed and took my victory lap bringing Ayden along with me.

I heard the faint sounds of the ice cream truck and immediately ran into the house for change. I ran back out to buy ice cream for everyone.

*****

"Bye bae."

"Bae?"

"Yes. Do you like that, boo, baby...?"

"I'm not one for pet names. Besides Peyton sounds just as good if not better from your lips." I smiled up at him.

He leaned down keeping eye contact and he moved his lips towards mine. I smiled and reached up to pull his lips to mine feeling the stubble of his cheeks brush with my fingertips.

I heard ringing before I could even fully close my eyes.

"Sorry Pey." Ayden said as he reached for his phone from out of his pocket. he glanced at the caller i.d. and his eyebrows shot up.

I looked down only to see a picture of a beautiful asian looking girl on the screen with the name Lily.

I look up just in time to see Ayden scratch the back of his head with a worried look in his eyes...