chapter 21

My heart started beating fast. I was alone with no one by my side. What if the man was Carl? What if ...the person to harm was my sister...so many thoughts were entering my head when suddenly the lights came on. Everyone calmed down. I looked around me but I couldn't find Carl. Then suddenly from behind someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around,it was Carl and I was thankful to see him...but something was weird.... he was sweating ....and he was pale.

"Are u Ok?"he asked me.

"I'm fine"

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Um...how to...um....te......ll....actually Mr Quentine was killed."

The glass dropped from my hands. Everyone turned to see.

"What?!" I shouted and pushed my way to the room.

There on the middle of the floor was the body of Mr quentine. I could hardly believe my eyes,so I went near the body to touch it.

"No don't touch it." Carl told me from behind,pulling me back.

"But I want to see! Please!" I begged him.

"No you can't ,the police will be here soon . Let's go home." He said in a soothing voice Making me calm. He pulled me closer to him,making me feel safe in his arms.

Slowly tears came down my cheeks. I knew something bad was going to happen but I couldnt prevent it....this was so bad. I felt like killing myself.

"Hey its not your fault,why are you crying?" Carl asked me as we were walking home.

"I've never seen death before. Like this I mean" I lied to him. I didn't know if I could trust him with my secret.

"Hmmmmm...."he said as if mumbling something.

"What?"I asked him

"Nothing"

So we walked down to the house quietly, without talking anymore. Me in his arms..... it was such a beautiful feeling. It made the evening  special,although it was ruined.