chapter 31

"Valonia wake up, get up quickly,please"

Suddenly my eyes opened.

The pain was gone.

I looked down and saw my wound healed.

I looked completely surprised at Carl,vanessa and my sister who was outside the mirror now.

"What happened?" I asked vanessa.

Vanessa explained that Carl had pretended that the sword in his hand was fake. Infact he had a replica of the same sword which was found by Ethan on Carl's study desk.Ethan had stabbed me and was about to move away when Carl,with a quick move struck him 5 times with the sword.

I turned around and saw the place where Ethan was killed. It was covered in ash. Vanessa also told me that, while breathing his last, Ethan said he will come again and then turned into ash. Carl immediately remembered my words and then gave the vial to my sister and applied a small drop to my wound . I suddenly remembered that the fortuneteller told me to give her the portion before the moon disappears. I looked in the sky and the moon was still there but it was slowly disappearing. Everything ended well. I asked vanessa if she was fine as her throat was already bandaged by Carl. I slowly got up and sat on the floor.

"So? I think you have some explaination to give" I said looking up at Carl.

"Huh...Ok fine.... I knew about this long back when I saw ethan trying to steal your locket. I found it and took it to the fortuneteller in the market and asked her about it . she told me everything. She also told me that the guy who tried to steal it was the son of Jonathan because only he knew of this locket. But he didn't know that I was smarter than him, The lady gave me another similar sword and told me to casually leave it in a place from where he could steal"

"But why did you hide it from me that you already knew?"

"Because I wanted to give you a surprise"

"Well I was surprised"

"Anything else to ask or say?"

"Ya welcome to a new member my sister and from today her name will be.....valarie, how does it sound sis?

"Nice" she replied shyly.

"I think we all should go to bed now and have some rest!! Its 2 o'clock"

So then we all went to our bedrooms,vanessa went home through the window as the main door was locked and she was afraid that if her mother saw her missing she was going to have a hell of a life and I took my sister with me. She looked quite happy. Seems like many things have to get cleared out tomorrow.