chapter 23

After explaining all the details to my sister I went to bed. Finally things would get cleared up and we would be one again. The following day, was all saints day and also the funeral of Mr Quentine. So I got up quickly as I wanted to attend his funeral. I took out my black dress from the cupboard and a nice black shawl to wear for the funeral. Since I got up early and the funeral was at 9:00 am I had to some how kill time. So I checked out all the items that were needed for the ritual. I somehow had to make it successful. Besides all this I have to find Mr Quentine's killer. Since it was not my sister.....who else could it be? And why? I was so fedup thinking that I got up and went downstairs.

As I was walking downstairs I heard a voice,

"Hi"

I turned around. It was Jennifer.

"Oh hi Jennifer! How are you?"

"I'm fine. So you know who murdered Mr Quentine?"

"No"

"Yes,you do"

I stared at her.

"No I don't. Can you tell me who it is? " I said.

"Yes I can. Its you sister and there's no doubt about it"

"No but she said she didn't do it"

"Said.....did she give you any proof? She already tried to kill me once"

"No...but....I ......"

"You can't trust her. Ask her for proof,only then you will know"

"Ohh ok "

Then she went walking down to her room.

I stood there,confused.

Then I went to my room and shut my door.

"Hey sis come here please" I called out to the mirror.

Suddenly she appeared infront of me.

"What?" She asked me becoming annoyed.

"I want proof that you were in your mirror yesterday when Mr Quentine died"

"I knew you would come for it. You can ask that maid mary about it. She freaked out as if she saw dracula. She must have come out of the trauma"

"Fine I'll do that"

"Can I go now?" She asked me.

"Ya"

Then she disappeared.

"Its soon going to be time for the funeral. I'll dress up and be ready" I said to myself.

So I wore my black dress,did a little touch up for my face and put on my shawl. Then I headed downstairs to see if anyone was ready.

Seems like no one was ready yet except for kate.

"Hi" I said

"Hey"

"So you're ready quite early....."

"Ya I was feeling bored"

Just then Carl came down . He first glaced at kate then at me.

"What are you doing here? Everybody has gone for the funeral c'mon let's go" he said,offering me his hand.

"But its so early"

"Ya they have gone to help with the mass preparation"

I took it and we both started walking towards the door,hand in hand when suddenly kate called Carl from behind,

"Hey Carl any idea if Ethan has gone and do you mind if I join you?"

"Ya, Seems like Ethan has lost interest in you and as for the joining part I'm sorry but you can't come" he said with a wicked grin and we moved out of the house and headed to the church .