Chapter 18

One week later....

Sasuke's POV:

I felt absolutely horrible. Wanting to make sure that Naruto and our baby were well fed, I made him a huge breakfast....but little did I know, was that it was a bit too heavy and greasy... Because of this, it made his morning sickness even worse. At this very moment, Naruto was sitting on the bathroom floor, puking his guts out. He's been in there for a while now, and it was beginning to worry me. I had no idea it would upset his stomach so badly... "Want some water?" I asked, standing in the doorway. He lifted his head up slightly, but let it drop back into the toilet again. Was he too weak to hold his head up...? "I...would like...that..." He panted, gripping the sides of the toilet for dear life. I went into the cabinet and pulled out a Dixie cup, filling it up with cold water. Then, I knelt down beside him. His face was pale and clammy... I reached up and stroked my fingertips over his whiskered-cheek. He turned his head and looked at me. "S-Sasuke..."

"It's okay. I'm going to take good care of you and our little baby..." I pulled him back, and wrapped an arm around him. "Drink." I demanded softly, bringing the cup up. He opened his mouth, allowing me to pour the water into it. "I'm sorry, Naruto..."

"Don't be...it's not your fault..." He snuggled into me, and closed his eyes. "It was delicious, by the way. For someone who doesn't eat food, you cook better than my mom." I couldn't help but laugh at that. I guess watching Suigetsu all of these years finally paid off...

I got to my feet, and picked him up. "What are you doing...?" I held him close to me, and walked back into our bedroom. "N-no...what if I throw up again?" Setting him down on the bed, I pulled the covers over him. "I don't want you sitting on that hard floor any longer. You're going to relax in our bed, and puke in a bucket...!" I went into the bathroom and got said bucket. Also, I made sure to get him some more water, before quickly returning. When I came back, I saw that Naruto was sitting up with his head leaned against the bed frame. I held the bucket out to him, but he shook his head. "I'm fine right now..." He patted the spot next to him. "Please, lay with me. I don't want to be alone..."

"Of course." I set the water on his nightstand, and then crawled into bed. "Anything else?"

"No. I have everything I want..." And with that, he took my hand and placed it on his stomach.

I moved closer to Naruto and gently rubbed his stomach, earning a moan from him. "Feels...so good..." I just laid there and continued to do this for a while, hoping it would help him feel better. Neither of us talked, but that was fine. It was the perfect opportunity for him to relax... I didn't even move when he reached over and grabbed his cup of water. I was happy being so close to my two most important people, bonding with them... I just hope this pregnancy won't be too hard on Naruto. He's a mortal, bearing a vampire's baby. It's pretty rare that that happens, so I don't really know much about it. Actually, the only thing I do know about it, is what the baby will turn out to be. Half mortal, half vampire... Like all vampires, it'll stop aging once it hits adulthood, which is good... But my main concern is...will Naruto be strong enough to bare our child to term?

I know Naruto is strong, despite his small frame and girlish figure... I mean, he has the Kyuubi sealed inside of him! If Naruto really was weak, he would have died when that happened...! But still, that doesn't stop me from worrying. Naruto is my everything, along with this baby. If I were to lose either one of them, it would crush me. I will do everything in my power to keep them alive, especially Naruto. I can always have more children, but Naruto...he can never be replaced! I could never love another... I would rather live alone forever, than to be with someone other than Naruto...

"Deep in thought, are we?" I looked up and was met with a pair of gorgeous blue orbs, and a blinding smile. Naruto, do you realize how lucky I feel, having you as my lover and soon-to-be husband...? As well as the mother of my unborn child? I feel as though I don't deserve such happiness, and yet, I'll never let it go... You are mine, and no one else will have you. Our baby has the most amazing parents, especially with you as its mother... You're totally going to spoil him or her rotten, I can already tell... "Sasuke...?"