Chapter 40

What Madara did was a big crime in their clan. It was one that couldn't be forgiven for a very long time. Not only did he force a clansmen's mate to kill themselves, but he also injured the king and his older brother during their battle. That alone should earn him the death penalty. However, you could punish someone severely without taking their life. It wasn't that he has been given a second chance, because he didn't even deserve that. But at the same time he wasn't walking away unharmed either. That is why in Fugaku's hand was a pair of sharp canine teeth. Yup, he managed to rip them out before banishing him from Konoha forever. He is not allowed to step foot into this city no matter what.

His teeth were going to take a good while to grow back. Until then he cannot sink his teeth into anyone's neck. Instead he will have to rely on those blood bags you get from hospitals. That was going to be very tricky, taking as though he needed to disguise himself good enough. Unless he goes on a killing rampage in order to get what he wants. And if that's the case, then he will definitely have to be killed off. For now all the other vampires will just observe him, and make sure that he won't make anymore mistakes. That wasn't the only thing that he found out about him though. Apparently he has been living a secret life this entire time, and didn't tell a single person about it.

"Wait a minute. So what you're saying, is that he does have a mate?" Sasuke asked with a look of shock written all over his face. To be honest he did find it to be rather strange that Madara wasn't with anyone, and yet managed to still be okay despite this. No one just didn't pay much attention to it, since they were so focused on their own lives. Also, he doesn't really interact with anyone else around the house, and just keeps to himself. So no wonder no one knew what was going on in his life. Why did he have to be so secretive about it?

Fugaku set the teeth down on a nearby table, not wanting to lose those. He was going to have to put those in a box or something for now. "For someone who seems to despise humans and half-breeds so much, it appears his so called mate is a human. I had someone follow after him once, and that is how I found out about it. And yes, it is indeed a man. The guy has the same personality as Naruto, so it's even more odd that he would feel attracted towards someone like that..."

Itachi raised a brow at this. Right now his own mate was taking a much needed shower, so he was left having to wait for him to get finished. He would have joined him if his family members weren't hanging around. At the same time he didn't blame them though, what with everything that has happened. They just wanted to make sure that things were alright before leaving. "Madara has fallen in love with a human? This is...interesting." Then why did he show such hatred towards Deidara and Naruto then? It didn't make any sense to him.

"That he has. His name is Senju Hashirama, and he's a doctor at the very hospital where we get all of our blood bags. I have never met him personally, but apparently all of his patients love him. Maybe he is trying so hard not to accept his feelings towards him? It must be confusing the heck out of him..." The Uchiha sighed, shaking his head. This whole situation was just one big mess. If only he had just accepted those feelings, then none of this would have happened.

"That still doesn't excuse his actions, father. My mate killed himself because of him. He...had to deal with all of that pain all by himself, when I could have been there to comfort him. And he came so close to never coming back to me. He wasn't waking up!" His hands balled up into tight fists as he thought back to seeing him for the very first time after the accident. He was technically dead even then, because without those machines...he would have stopped breathing. It was like talking to an empty shell. And as far as he knew, Deidara didn't hear a single thing that he said to him. This meant that he really wasn't actually there.

Fugaku simply nodded his head in agreement to that. "I know, Itachi. But if he cannot reach his mate in a certain amount of time, then he will perish all by himself. I am hoping that with this, it will help him change into a much better person. He needs to accept the fact that vampires and humans are perfectly capable of falling in love with each other. Also, I don't think that man can bare children either. So he wouldn't have to worry about none of that..." He couldn't imagine Madara being a father anyways. Oh how neglectful he would be...