chapter 29

Deidara's Point of View

The next day

Today was the day that I finally get to meet Itachi's family. To think I have gotten this close to a vampire. I allowed him into my heart and was actually falling in love with him. Normally when you watch such horror movies, they're all such evil, bloodthirsty creatures who would kill anyone just to satisfy their own hunger. But the one I was dating was the complete opposite of that. He's a very sweet, caring, generous, and loving person. Not to mention he can always make me laugh. And that deep, soft voice of his made you just want to melt on the spot. Such a handsome and charming man was all mine...and I didn't plan on giving him up to anyone else. It didn't matter to me anymore that he was different. To me, he was no monster. And not once has he ever hurt me. Heck, he's never even tried to. He's always so gentle and careful with me.

I found his vampire-like qualities to be attractive. That beautifully pale skin, to those razor sharp fangs. He's even shown me how his eyes look like when feeding. They turn to a nice shade of red. And the way he dealt with things was so...elegant. It felt as though I could watch his movements forever and never get bored. The way he picks up a cup, to the way he writes. Everything about him was absolutely perfect. A part of me began to wonder if I even deserved such a being. How could he love such a boring human such as myself? I wasn't good looking like him. Nor was I anything special. I had no hidden talents. Well, I do sculpt things out of clay. But that was nothing special to him...right?

My gaze wandered over to the package that sat on my dresser. It was a clay statue of a crow that I made for Itachi, since he seemed to love those things so much. I'm really not sure if he'll like it or not. But he wouldn't lie to me, would he? I highly doubted it. He was an honest man. If so, then he'll just let me down nicely. I added all of the necessary details into it though, trying my very best to make it as realistic as possible. This was my way of showing him what I was good at. What I did for a living! Even if he doesn't like it, maybe he will be able to appreciate it? Either way, I was just nervous about this entire evening. What if his family didn't like me? I wanted them to.

I have already been informed that his little brother, Sasuke, was going to be a bit hard to hold a conversation with. It was just how he was. Such a personality was already making me feel even more nervous. But on the bright side, his husband, Naruto, was supposed to be very easy to talk to. While one was all grumpy and quiet, the other was a happy ball of sunshine. Such an interesting pair had me actually laughing. How were they together? They must really love each other, like...by a lot. Because it doesn't bother either one of them at all. But then again, I wasn't one to judge either. I didn't know a single thing about them. There's probably more to them then what Itachi has told me.

Hopefully I looked nice enough for such a dinner. I wore a dark blue button up shirt with a black vest over it, with a white, blue, and black tie tucked underneath it. To go along with that, I also had on a pair of black dress pants, and wore my long hair up into a full ponytail. Normally I would only put half of it up, but today I just felt like doing something different. I didn't look to bad to be honest. Who knew I could look so...classy? It was definitely a nice change from what I wore on a daily basis. I turned around in the mirror a few times and then sighed, running my fingers through my hair. I'm supposed to leave here in a few minutes. It would be pretty bad if I showed up late. That wouldn't exactly be a nice first impression.

Just then my roommate walked into my bedroom and leaned against the doorframe, folding his arms as he took one good look at me. "Hot..." He smirked.

I looked back and threw my brush at his head. "S-shut up danna, mm!" I snapped. That guy could really get on my nerves. He just did things to purposely piss me the hell off. But I wasn't about to let him ruin my day.