Why Igneel

Thanks for reading the story.

*Regular POV*

"Why Igneel," Natsu said sitting up while wiping the newly created tears falling out of his eyes.

"Indeed, it was cruel the way he left, but he's with you," She said looking at Natsu with a melancholy smile.

"I don't need your pity," Natsu said growling toward the dead mage with anguish.

"It's not pity," Mavis said with the same smile upon her face.

"Then why does it feel like it," Natsu said still growling.

"True, but it is not pity, that embellished thing people call an emotion full of love," She said finally growing back, but not at Natsu she growled at the word 'pity.'

"Fine, what did you mean that Igneels with me," he asked her.

"That's a memory I'd rather not share with you at this time, you're not ready," Mavis said curtly.

Mavis knew that all about Natsu's feisty personality, so she wasn't surprised as she watched Natsu got up almost falling. But what she didn't expect to hear was that, "When will I be, nobody is ready for anything that happens in their life," Natsu spoke with intelligence in his voice, but it still held a part of Natsu.

"I-I don't know," Mavis stuttered.

"Fine, fine I'll be a good boy and wait for my shot," Natsu said in a jokingly tone.

"Why is it a shot," Mavis asked joining in with the joke not expecting the answer.

"Because life hurts, but only at some moments in your life, sometimes the shot is unbearably painful, and sometimes it's only a pinch," Natsu said giving his signature grin afterwards.

*Regular POV END*

*Mavis POV*

'I can see why everybody love him in fairy tail, he's always surprising me with his answers, he sure is interesting, Makarov raised great children,' I thought to myself.

"Well let's start moving," I said cheerfully.

"Sure, but which way," Natsu's tone was unsure.

"Just follow me," I said gesturing a hand to make him follow me.

"Alright," he said walking behind me into the dark forest. We were quiet for awhile until I heard my name called.

"Sorry repeat that," I asked as I rubbed the back of my head cheekily.

"I said what will happen when I regain my memories," he asked.

"Well your heart will regain a fragment of what it lost, and you shall become more and more like your old self," I said to him.

"What if," Natsu tried to say, but a loud roar stopped his words as a giant beast stood up. 'I didn't even notice until now. But this is Nightmare forest,' I thought to myself. It's a forest that carries every nightmare a human has in their sleep, it's mostly connected to the ones who hold the most fear in their heart. Then I saw a twinkle in the giant's eyes. The twinkle was there, the place we had to go. We had to stop a nightmare, to be able to get that memory.

"Mavis, what's going on with you," Natsu asked, his voice clearly full of worry.

"Nothing, but look at the monster, you feel attracted to you don't you," I asked.

"I do, but it's not in that way," Natsu said blushing.

"Of course, I didn't mean that way," I shouted, unknowingly attracting its attention.

"It has your memory," I shouted as the thing reached through me and grabbed for Natsu. It's giant hands were cold, too cold. This nightmare was very evident that it was full of fear. This person's heart scares me to think of their pain. It grabbed ahold of Natsu.

"Natsu," I shouted with worry.

"I'm fine," he said as he shivered.

"Use your magic dimwit," I shouted with a voice that still held worry.

"It won't work I tried to use it, but it refuses my stamina," he shouted back. 'Oh-goodness, Natsu's heart fears his own magic,' I thought to myself. 'What can I do, what can I do, Dreyar help me please,' I thought and prayed to myself. Natsu was struggling to get out of the giants hold but it kept it's gripped and held him harder as Natsu gasped out of pain.

"I'm not going to die by the likes of you," Natsu said gasping for air as the giants gripped tighter.

"YES," I shouted drawing its attention to me.

"Sanavit cor," I shouted as we went inside the body of the giant. As Natsu hit the ground with a thud and I landed gracefully.

"Mavis where are we," Natsu asked me.

Which heart are they in, who knows. But I made a cliffhanger because I wanted to make a cliffhanger.