Chapter 15

C: Hey, I'm sorry that I got so mad, and ran out yesterday.

P: I'm sorry I yelled at you.

C: I should really stop doing what I have been.

P: Yeah...

C: Sorry I worried you.

P: That's what I do.

C: When I get back; I'm coming over!

P: What do you mean; when you get back?

C: I'm in West Virginia.

P: Why?

C: I Don't know. I guess I miss the hills, and needed to get away.

P: You should have told me.

C: I know.

We text for a little while longer, and she says she'd be back in three days, Saturday. There is a knock on my back door. I get off the couch, and walk to it. I look through the glass. It's Ty.

"Hey. Is she here?" he asks referring to Caroline.

"No, why?" I ask.

"Good, I need you to give this to her,"

He hands me a folded up piece of paper. Before I can ask where he has been, or what it is he is gone. I shut the door, and lock it. I walk back into the living room, and sit on a stool at the island. I begin to un fold the paper, but then fold it back. I shouldn't read it. I put the paper into my purse.

after a hot shower, I put on a white tank top, a pair of black tights, cuffed jean shorts, black 'combat' boots, and a sweater. I leave my hair down, and grab my phone. I walk down stairs, and grab my wallet. I walk out side into the sunshine. I walk down the side walk.

I walk into Starbucks and order a medium 'double chocolate chip frappe'.

I pay, and say, "Thank you."

I take a sip, and leave. I walk to a near by park and sit on a bench under a huge willow tree. I pull out the book I'm reading, Breaking Beautiful, and continue to read.

A girl, five maybe, walks over to me.

"Hi, I'm Aubrey," She smiles.

"Hello, I'm Payton," I say.

I continue reading.

"That book looks good," She says.

"Yeah, it is," I look at her. She looks like Ty.

"I'm four," she smiles baring her missing tooth.

"I'm nineteen," I share.

"My mommy is over there," she gestures to a pretty woman that looks to be my age, maybe twenty. "She is beautiful," I look back at my book.

"My daddy died," she says.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I sigh.

Ashton runs back to her mother.

When I get home from the park Jase and Riley are making out in my hammock.

"You know you're trespassing, right," I laugh.

The couple stops kissing long enough to get a breath, and then they commence again.

I roll my eyes, and walk through the front door. Danny is sitting on the couch, naked.

"Hey," I say.

He looks at me, an stands up. He walks over to me, and picks me up. 

~