Chapter 20

Danny and I get in the car and drive to Jay and Ray's Modeling Co. Studios.

I pull into a 'model' parking spot. Danny snakes his hand around my waist as we walk inside.

"Payton! Fiancé! Right this way!" Alison directs.

Upon entering my dressing room, I see a bouquet of flowers, to me.

"Who are those from?" Danny asks.

"I don't know," I say fiddling with the card, "Ray and Jay." He sighs, and comes up behind me resting his hands on my hips.

Someone knocks on the door, "ten minutes!" Danny and I quickly put on the outfits picked out for us.

Mine a black lace barlet and a sunflower mid thigh skirt. Danny wearing no shirt; just jeans. I walk over to him. I place my cold hands on his warm abs. I trace the outline of his eight pack.

He kisses my cheek, "it's been a long time since you did that." He whispers.

"I know," I sigh.

Some one knocks on the door again, and we emerge. Alison's eyes trail to Danny's abs. I glare at her jealousy washing over me. Danny wraps his arm around my waist, his hand brushing my hip as we walk.

This time the set is a grassy meadow. The camera angled down on a spot. The director tells my to lay down under the camera. Danny watches as the director tell me to lay a certain way, and the photographer snaps a few pictures. The director tells Danny to lay so his feet are above my head, and our heads be together.

"Payton, I need you to stare straight into the camera, with your hand on Danny's cheek." The director tells. I do as told. "Perfect!" He shouts as the photographer snaps a crap ton of pictures.

"Like this?" I ask.

"Yeah just lay your head right there. Stare into the camera very sexually," He says.

I do so. I can hear Danny let out a sigh. The photograph snaps a few pictures.

~

"Stare sexually into the camera?" Danny demands once we are on the road.

"It pays," I sigh staring out the window.

"So does stripping," He growls.

I snap my head around to face him.

"Then get me a pole!" I shout.

He looks as if I slapped him.

"I didn't mean it like that, Payton," He says.

"Sure as hell sounded like it," I spit.

Danny stares straight ahead, "baby I'm sorry. I just—I lost my temper,"

"Well—stop the fucking car!" I demand.

Tears streaming my face. "Payton—" he starts but closes his mouth. Mother Nature had made an appearance today. I just need to get away for a while to cool off. I slam the car door shut. Tears fall from my eyes as I walk in the opposite direction of Danny.

Jay and Ray let me keep the really cute outfit I wore today. So I'm still wearing it, walking down the road. Phone and purse in the car still. I'm in a bad neighborhood. Fuck! The rain begins to fall. The fact that Danny isn't chasing after me makes my tears pour out faster. The rain is getting harder. Shit!

I turn back. The car is still where I got out. He knows I need time to cool down so he is waiting. Why didn't I wait until I got into a better neighborhood?

"Damn!" A guy says watching as I walk.

Tears streaking my face, but it blends in with the rain. I'm going to get raped. I pick up my pace, almost to a run. I turn back. Danny is running to catch up with me. I turn back, and a sob escapes my mouth.