Chapter 25

6 a.m, April 15, present day

"We got to go!" I shout from down stairs.

"I'm coming!" Danny shouts from the top of the steps.

I run out to the car. I get into the drivers seat. I shut the door, and start up the car. Danny gets in the passenger side, and shuts the door. I pull out of the drive way. I head towards the hospital.

"Riley Davis," I say to the nurse.

She takes Danny and I to the fifth floor of the hospital, 'The Family and Birthing Center'. The nurse leads us down to Riley's room. She slowly opens the door. We walk inside behind her. Jase is laying beside a sleeping Riley holding their sleeping baby.

"Hey guys," He whispers.

"Hey," We whisper back.

I walk over to him.

"It's a girl!" I gush.

"Yeah, Avery Reese Rye," He whispers.

Riley's hand weakly reaches for mine.

"Payton," She smiles.

"Riley," I smile.

"I'm a mom!" She gushes.

"To a beautiful girl," I add.

"I want one!" Danny pouts.

"Soon baby," I laugh.

Avery's tiny blue eyes flick open. Oh my god she is so cute.

"May I?" I ask reaching out my arms.

"Yeah," Riley says, and Jase hands me Avery.

I cradle her in my arms.

"Hey Avery," I say stroking her soft head.

She reaches her hand out and touches my cheek. I smile at her. I kiss her forehead, and hand her to Riley. She kisses Avery's head. Avery grasps Riley's finger. I can't wait for this.

7 p.m, April 15, present day

"Riley," I whisper.

She doesn't answer. She is fast asleep.

"Jase when she wakes up tell her we went home," I whisper.

"Gotcha," He says.

We have been at the hospital since six in the morning. I'm tired, and getting grumpy.

We walk out to the parking lot. I find the car, and we get in. Danny starts up the car. I fall asleep before we can even pull out of the lot.

"Payton, we are home," Danny shakes me awake.

I flutter my eyes open. Danny is standing beside my seat. I start to fall back to sleep. Next thing I know Danny is caring me inside our house. He takes me upstairs, and lays me in our bed. I don't even have enough energy to change into my pajamas. I wonder how Riley feels.

~

The alarm clock goes off at six thirty in the morning. I jump awake, and roll my body onto the floor. I'm still wearing yesterday's outfit. I shut the alarm clock off, and crawl over to the bathroom. I strip down, and get in the shower. The hot water runs the length of my body, as I clean myself. I finish up, and turn the water off. I get out through the tall rectangular glass pane door. I dry myself with a towel. Wrapping one towel around my hair and the other around my body; I walk out into the bedroom. I walk into the closet and pick out an outfit.