Chapter 31

One week later...
Before the funeral...

She had written a poem, and in each sentence circled a letter. The letters spelled out "suicide note". The poem is beautiful, but sad.

At the funeral...

We sit down in the front row. Jackson is babysitting Zoe and Avery. I sit on the aisle seat. Danny sits beside me, and Jase sits beside him. Riley sits on the seat next to the wall.

The funeral music begins to play. I haven't cried since I found out. I just haven't been able to. They carry Caroline's coffin down the aisle. The cold metal bottom of the coffin grazes my shoulder.

~

I sit next to Riley in the decrepit church pew. They bring the coffins of Caroline's mother, father, and brother to the front of the church. Caroline walks past me brushing her cold hand over my shoulder. Caroline Sky is tall with blonde hair that reaches to the middle of her back. She glances at me; tears in her stunning sky blue eyes. She almost never cries. The only time I saw her cry was when her grandma died.

~

They rest the coffin up front. The ushers come up to us pushing us up. Caroline's coffin is open, unlike her parents. Her blonde hair is curled, and laying over her shoulders. Tears prick my eyes. Her arms are crossed over her chest. Tears stream down my face. Her skin is cold, and pale. Her eyes are shut, never to open again. He lips sealed.

I can't let everyone see my cry. I run out to the bench. The same bench Caroline ran out to.

~

As Riley and I walk up to the oak wood coffins; I see Caroline outside sitting on a bench. As I open the creaky church door Caroline twists her body to face me. Tears streak her face, and she hastily wipes them away.

"Hey," she says hoarsely.

"Hey," I say back fighting back tears of my own.

I sit down beside her. I know what she is going through; my parents died in a car accident too.

"You still have me," I confirm.

"I know," she smiles.

I point out a bird running around like a lune, and we laugh as it falls over. Her laughter dies out as my boyfriend, Danny Carson, walks over to us.

~

I cup my hands over my eyes and sob. Danny comes out, and sits crisscross Apple sauce in front of me.

"This seems familiar." He attempts to lighten the mood, but I glare at him.

I let out a long sigh when Riley and Jase walk out.

"I want to go home," I sob.

"Okay let's go," They chime.

~

We all pile into the car we came in. I'm in controllably sobbing.

I stay in the car as Jase and Danny run in to get Zoe and Avery. They come out moments later with our sleeping children.

Riley drives, I sit in passenger seat, and Jase and Danny are in the back with Zoe and Avery.

I look back at them with tear filled eyes. Sorrowful tears turning into joyful tear filled eyes. Danny reaches his hand out and I take it. Zoe's sky blue eyes open and stare into mine. I smile at her.

"I love you," I say to them.

"We love you too." Danny says.

I love our little family.

-------

There you have it! The end! At least there was a happy ending. Short yet informative chapter.

Thanks for sticking with me through this entire book!

Epilogue will be up shortly!

Love every single one of you!

Don't forget to vote!

-Sarah 😘