Chapter 9

" 'Pelisians don't start wars, they finish them'. What a world class bitch!" Regina mocked, taking a huge gulp of liquor.

"I know, and did you see her outfit? Red leather! Who the hell wears something like that?!" Trixie scoffed with hostility.

"Well, one thing's for sure, she's not as trashy as you, Sis." Trent sniggered.

Trixie's face reddened with anger, "Oh, shut up! Why don't you go drool over Amarie or whatever the hell her name is!"

Trent's sneer ceased and he frowned, "I don't drool. I simply admire." He lounged back on the old office chair he sat on.

His brother slapped him on the back, "I don't see why you don't just have your way with her!"

"Oh yeah, because that worked out so well for you, Travis." Trent pushed him away.

"Be quiet! All of you!" Damian snapped moving away from the window that allowed him to view the party that raged on without him. Kevin had dropped them off and left unexpectedly. Right when they'd all started to have fun again, Damian received a text from his brother requesting that he "gather the gang" and meet him in "the old office upstairs".

Now, they sat there listening to music that was muffled by the walls of the office, waiting for him to return. He was highly annoyed by now with everything. This whole night his brother had been ruining his mood just when things started to get good. First by making him leave in the middle of a great basketball game, then by interrupting his make out session with Regina. Soon after, he threatened the Pelisian heir and her snooty cousin, finally, he made Damian leave his party, just when he was starting to dance freely. He loved his brother, and he knew that he was just trying to lighten him up, but Kevin needed to learn how to back off. After all, Damian was capable of handling himself. He could have his own fun without having a party be thrown for him, and at least then he wouldn't interrupt himself when it gets good, like Kevin continued to do.

Also, his instincts bugged him about Kevin. They told him he had a personal vendetta. But, he couldn't, not against Damian, he wouldn't do that to him. Ever since they were young, even though Damian bore the spiraling mark of an heir on his right shoulder, he had always followed his brother everywhere. They had each other's back through thick and thin, Damian would rather die than betray his brother. Which said a lot, for his death could mean the end of the pack.

Regina sashayed toward him with a sympathetic look. "You seem so tense, let me give you a massage." She offered gleefully.

"No, thanks." He moved away to lean against desk.

The triplets exchanged knowing glances and rolled their eyes when Regina stayed on his tail, like a hungry pigeon looking for crumbs. She pressed her hands against his chest, evenly spreading her fingers over it.

"Come on, it'll make you feel better." She smiled seductively.

In response, he grabbed her hands and gave them back, emotionlessly. Unfortunately, the more he pushed, the more she insisted. Like a rubber band, she sprang back, harder and harder.

"Don't be so mean." She pouted. Her hands folded behind her and she swayed on her heels in a playful attempt to be cute. "Why can't you just give in, and accept some help from me?"

"Why can't you take a hint?"

Trixie choked on her drink, Travis sniggered and clapped his hands, Trent lowered his head, embarassed for her.

Regina's temptress cloak fell to the floor around her ankles. The party made a sudden swell in action, that the triplets whined about missing. Regina didn't notice it, her world orbited around Damian. She stared at him, waiting for him to meet her eyes, almost willing it with all her power, hoping to see apology in his gorgeous green gaze. But, he wouldn't look at her, it was as if she were invisible.