Chapter 4

The next morning was really hard. I was tired from my nightmare last night. Casper cooked pancakes for me and Ryker had to head to work early this morning for a case. After breakfast I grabbed my bag and we headed to school. Casper kept on glancing towards me now and then but didn't say anything.

We arrived at school and Casper turned towards me. "Are you sure you're going to be ok?" He asked me looking into my eyes.

"I'll be fine" I answered with a fake smile. I don't want to worry my big brothers, they have given up so much for me. Ever since dad died they've tried to be a father figure for me. But they never could be a mother figure to me especially when I hit puberty. It actually was funny to see them explain how a women's body works and what happens during puberty for them. I finally explained what I knew and they were shocked that I knew more than them. I had one of our next door neighbours explained everything to me which was lucky because my brothers had no clue.

I exited the car and headed inside. I went to my locker where the girls were grabbing their stuff out of theirs. "Hey Harper" Katie said with a wave when she saw me.

"Hey girls" I said with a wave too.

"Ready for another day?" Katie asked me with a huge smile this girl is a morning person and I'm trying to keep from falling asleep.

"I think" I answered with a shrug. I placed my combination into my locker but it didn't open. So I tried again but still nothing. Next thing I know someone bang the door and it popped open, I looked towards the person who did it and saw Ashton walking towards his locker that was up further on the opposite side. He turned and gave me his sexy smirk. It's not sexy Harper stop thinking that, I chastised myself internally. I looked back to my locker, shrugged and grabbed my books that I needed out.

I was half way through biology when the door opened and in walked Ashton, Dylan and Chase like they own the place. I looked for a second but looked straight back to my work. He's very handsome but he's a bad boy. I need to keep away from guys after what happened with Cameron I shook my head internally again to push the memories away I don't need the trouble.

"Good morning kitten" he said in my ear before sitting up the other end of our bench. I just ignored him. "You know that's rude kitten" I still didn't answer. He huffed then rested his head on his arms.

He didn't say anything else for the rest of the lesson, whatever was left of it. That suited me great. Last night my brothers talked me into joining the music club, so at lunch I'm going to join.

The day went by and soon it was home time. Casper said I had to take the bus home. So here I am in the bus with my friends heading home. All day my locker wouldn't open unless Ashton banged it with his fist. I groaned at the girls when they said he never ever talks to girls like us. He usually gets any girl he wants too. But not this one I thought to myself I don't need it. Anyway why would I get involved with a bad boy for, after Cameron who was just a jock and a player, a bad boy has to be worst than him.

I reached home and entered. The house was so silent that I was scared. I called Ryker to see if he was going to be home soon. "Hey chicken are you ok?" as soon as he picked up he was concerned.

"When will you be home?" I asked with a quietly.

"I'm going to be late" he answered. "Sweetie can you go to a friends house until one of us get home"

"I'll try" I said then said "see ya"

"See ya later too sweetie" after we hung up I dialled Casper's number.

"Hello" he said through the line it sounds like he was using hands free.

"Casper" I said with a quietly.

"Chicken are you ok?" he asked with a worry.

"I don't like being at home by myself Casper" I answered with a pout.

"I'll be home late tonight I'm working a case" he said through the phone but then a honk and him yelling "stupid bastard" in the background I heard a door opening then someone yelling again but not Casper.

"Police. Get out and show me your licence and registration now" it must've been Casper's partner.

"I have to go Harper I'll call you later chicken ok"

"Ok" then the line went dead. I dialled Carly's number and she picked up after two rings.

"Hello Harper" she called through the phone.

"Hey" I said quietly.

"Are you ok?" She asked concerned.

"I'm all alone at home and was wondering if you would like to come over" I answered.

"I'll be there soon" she hung up and about ten minutes later I was letting her inside. "Hey" she gave me a hug after she entered.

"Hey to you too" I said pulling away.

"So are we going to watch a movie or what?" She asked with a smile. My friends back in Manhattan would never just come over when I ask only if Cameron was at my place, now I know how much of a fake friends they were.

"A movie then" I answered with a smile. We started a movie. After about two movies later my brother Ryker arrived home with Chinese in hand.

"Hey girls" he said in a happy mood.

"Hey" we both said at the same time.

"I'd better be going" Carly said getting up.

"Stay for dinner Carly" Ryker said setting the food on the kitchen bench.

"I'll call my mom then" she said calling her. "Hey mom" then "is it alright if I have dinner at my friend's house please" then after awhile "thanks" she looked sad after that.

"Are you ok?" I asked worried.

"Yeah" she shrugged with a small smile. "Parents for you" We went into the kitchen and grabbed some food.

After we finished eating, Casper waltz in. "Long day hey?" Ryker asked him.

"Yeah working a case" he answered.

"That sucks" Ryker said back.

After Casper was finished eating Ryker and I drove Carly home. As soon as I got home I headed to bed. I actually had a pretty nice sleep with no nightmare for once.

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<