Epilogue

Twelve years later..............

"Mitchell" Ashton screamed through the house. Next thing I hear little feet running upstairs then down the stairs. Then my beautiful boy running towards us.

"Mummy, Daddy" he yelled at us and then hugged our legs. He was only 4 and looks like his father right down to the eyes.

After we graduated we went to college. Ashton got a law degree and I got a writing degree. I eventually started to write children books. Six years ago one of my books became the best seller. I went to book signings and I had a appearance on tv.

Ashton just took over the family law firm after his father had a heart attack, so his father retired to relax. Dylan and Carly also became a lawyer and started working for Ashton. Chase became a teacher and Katie became a journalist. Simon got a finance degree and got a very well paid job. Jamie became a doctor. All of them married each other and are happy together. Simon and Jamie have no children yet. Chase and Katie have one little girl whose 2 years old. Dylan and Carly are expecting their first. They all moved into their own homes in Detroit and they all are still best friends.

The doctor told me I might have trouble carrying a baby but I did. Mitchell is so special to me and I thought I wouldn't have another after having two miscarriages but I finally gave birth to a baby girl that we named Ivory Hannah Callahan. We named her after my mum and his. We had our ups and downs but in the end we stood together after everything.

Casper married Danielle and they have three boys. Ryker finally settled down with that receptionist at my high school. They have two kids one is a girl and the other is a boy.

Ashton's sister is in her last year of high school. Hopefully she'll have great senior year not like I had. To give her parents a break she comes over to help with Mitchell. She loves Mitch and I love her coming over to help.

My life started out rough with losing my mother then my father. Then kidnapped and nearly died twice once when I was 14 and then the next when I was 16. Over the years I realised how much my life meant to me and I have lived through the worst. Ashton's and my wedding was when I was 25 and he just turned 28. I wanted to go somewhere exciting that we could have an adventure so that's what he organised for our honeymoon. Since nearly dying twice I have lived my life to the fullest until I became a mother that is.

"If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present."
Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

THE END