Chapter Nineteen - Such a Perfect Day

As I hit the send button and the text was sent, I only had a few minutes til Norman came back. But for my absolute surprise, he wasn't alone.

'Mr. Nicotero?' I was so surprised he was there. I knew I would work with him all day long but I didn't understand why he would come to Norman's trailer.

'Please, just Greg. Like in the old times.' He said with a very nice tone. Greg was in the smaller bunch of people who actually liked me, no matter what. I assumed, it was because he liked my paintings and even bought one before. I wished I would have remembered the times I "helped" him during the shootings. 'Good to see you again, Reira. I like your new hairstyle.' He was the first one who took a compliment about it, except Norman and the rest of the family.

'Thank you.' I said and tried to hide the phone between my hands but I could see, Norman had already spotted it. Our eyes met and he shook his head in disagreement, so I quickly put the phone back into the bottom of the bag, closing it. If Greg had recognized the tension between us, he didn't say anything though.

'So, Norman said your hand is hurt. First of all, we need to take you to the medical van so they can check it quickly.' Said Greg, leaning back to the "kitchen counter". 'If you're okay, we can go and start to set the walkers. We have a busy day today so you won't be bored, that's for sure.'

'Sounds cool.' Well, I tried to sound cool but inside, I was afraid.

'Alright, let's roll. We're already late.' Norman said and Greg left the trailer. I stood up and grabbed the sportbag, putting it onto my back, following Greg. Before I could pass Norman, he grabbed my arm and held me back for a second. 'I don't want to see you hanging on the phone all day. Even if you're texting with Mingus. Don't make me regret to give it to ya.' I nodded and shame filled me up.

If you would only knew...

Norman went into the hair and make up trailer, leaving me alone with Greg. His prescence made me feel safe but still, I was so worried to meet everyone else. We headed to the direction of the medical van and a few medical person were standing outside, chatting and having some sandwiches.

'Hey, guys!' Greg greeted them then motioned to me. 'This is Reira, Norman's foster daughter. She's staying with us for a few weeks.'

'Hello, Reira!' They waved to me then one of the guys pointed at me.

'I remember you! A few years ago. I had to take you to the hospital, you almost overdosed yourself.' I had no memories about that but... It was more than possible to happened. I felt as my cheeks turned lobsterred and I felt a bit angry that the guy came up with it. I had to remind myself what Norman had said.

Manners!

'Well, let's just forget about that.' Greg answered on my behalf, sounded angry, defending me completely. 'She's been through some shit but that's over. Everyone should move on.' In that moment, I promised myself that no matter how hard it would be, no matter if I have to collect every energy of my body – I would do everything to please that man. 'So, the real reason why we're here is that she hit her hand and we need you to do a check up. Can you do it without judging?'

The three man seemed to feel awkward and ashamed – and I was more than happy about that. The one, who brought up the bad memory nodded and asked me to get in to the van so he can check my hand. Greg was waiting outside, but soon he was asked to go back to the walker setting room.

'Will you be okay if I leave you here? I send someone to pick you up in a few minutes, alright?' He asked, being anxious about leaving me there, alone.

'That's alright, I'll wait here.' I said, trying to hide the pain what the medical man caused me. He was turning and squeezing my hand in different directions and it didn't feel okay. Greg looked into my eyes way too long, so I knew he was hesitating whether he should believe me or not. I tried to make him believe me but I wasn't surprised that it wasn't easy for him. I had tried his patience and had betrayed him too many times in the past. He really needed to go, so with a nod, he left.