Chapter Twenty-Seven - Surprise!

'Baby girl!'

Silence was standing in front of the kitchen counter, a million glass shreds around her bare feet and she smiled at me, just like in old times. For a second, I felt like past came upon me and I was that stupid little girl she loved to take control on.

'What the hell are you doing here?' Just asking the question brought up more question in me. 'How do you know about this place? And how...'

'Enough, sweetie! Too many question and not that much bourbon... Anyway, sorry for the glass. It slipped out of my hand.' She said with no remorse in her voice. I knew totally she did that on purpose. Silence opened the fridge and she realized we only had alcohol-free beers. She pulled out a bottle between her fingertips, like it was a disgusting garbage, showing that into my direction.

'Is this some kind of joke?' She asked doubtfully.

'I'm clean, Silence. If you came here to find drugs or alcohol or druggie-buddy – you chose the wrong house.' I tried to sound as determined as I just could but even her prescence made me being weak.

'Yes, I've heard that monologue before. After each time you were released from those shitholes. And right after we had had our biggest trips ever, together...' Silence hopped up on the counter and opened the beer, taking a long sip, not caring about that it had no alcohol. But her face gave her away that she hated it. 'Yuuuck... But it's so warm out there... Feels good.' So she took one more sip. 'I missed this anyway, I just came out of rehab too... Okay, not a cosy one like you used to go but it was okay. Not like I'd go back again. But I had two choices: rehab or jail. And I've been jail before and thanks no more!' I remembered when cops arrested us once. As soon as we were sober she was sent to jail and Norman sent me to rehab, again. 'How do you like being out in the woods, away from the big city and life in general?' A question, full of sarcasm.

'I'm not gonna have a chit-chat with you. You either tell me why are you here or just leave me alone. But you know what? I just want you to leave, now.'

'Wow... Someone is really bitchy with an old friend!'

'Old friend? Please! You were anything but a friend!' I yelled at her and obviously she didn't like it. She hopped off the counter top and slowly walked toward me. As she was coming closer and closer, my heart skipped beats. It wasn't like when I looked at Norman... I was full of dread.

'You really think that after those many years together you can just easily forget about me? Me, who helped you through Hell? Without me, you'd be long dead, sweet child! Never ever forget that!'

Judge me, but I couldn't do anything against her. Her power seduced me. I was lost again.

'What do you want?' I asked, feeling that every ounce of my willingness to ditch her ass out was gone. Silence put her hand on my face, stroking it softly. Her eyes melted into mine.

'What do you think I want?' Only a retard wouldn't guess right. 'Oh, no, not that. Not right now...' Silence winked at me, she enjoyed it so much.

'How did you know where I am?' I asked, stepping back one.

'You and that prick really think that noone knows where his house is in Georgia?' She scoffs, walking further in to the house. 'It took a while to figure out after I was sure you left New York with him.'

'You were at the apartment in New York?' I immediately thought about Mingus. Sometimes he went there after school.

'Yes but those neighbours were assholes. They always screamed at me to get the fuck out there or they call the police... Yada yada yada...' Yes, our dear neighbours, who always took care of the privacy of Norman. 'So I had to search for informations and now...' She spread her arms out. 'Here I am!'