Jasmine

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any books. It sucks, but it's true.

Jasmine P.o.v

Yo peoples! Jaz here! I'm just your average teenage girl, who goes around doing stuff, and annoying people.

I am going to NYC for this semester for some sort of 'study abroad' program. Im originally from San Francisco, California. My best friend is Annabeth Chase. She's coming here too! Something about a boyfriend, and a camp.

We were on a plane for a while, but now the annoying pilot is saying, "fasten your seatbelts, we are landing soon." Then he repeats it in like, 200000000 languages. Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration, but still. So we get off, and do your typical airport stuff. Claim luggage, etc.

"Come on!" Annabeth exclaims, her eyes dancing with excitement. "My boyfriend is picking us up!" Hmm. I've heard about this boyfriend forever and im ready to meet the famous Percy Jackson, and see if he is everything Annabeth described him as. So, Annabeth takes my hand and pulls me towards the exit.

Waiting there is maybe, the HOTTEST guy I've EVER seen. Im not usually one to get boy fever, but today I couldn't help myself. He was tall, tan, and lean, with sea green eyes, and messy black hair.

"Hey Wise girl." He says pecking Annabeth on the cheek.

"Hey seaweed brain." She says kissing him back. I wish I had a boyfriend. All my other friends do, but no-one seems to want me. Oh well. I guess I should feel happy for Annabeth instead of jealous. I mean, it's obvious she and Percy are very close.

Percy then walks to me and says, "hi I'm guessing you're Jasmine?" He asks, holding out his hand.

"Call me Jaz." I reply, accepting his handshake.

We walk to the parking lot, and Percy lookS around for his car. We wander around for a while, (if you've ever been in an airport parking lot you would know it's always packed.) And he finally finds his car. It's sea green, the color of his eyes, and has a bumper sticker on the back that says, "posiedons junior sea scouts" we get in. Percy in the driver's seat, and me and Annabeth in the back.

"So..." I say trying to start a conversation, you live near here?"

"Yep. Manhattan, in my mom's apartment." Percy replies, keeping his eyes on the road. Ok then. New topic.

"Where did you and Annabeth meet?"

"We met when we were twelve at a summer camp, on Long island." He says

"What kind of camp?" I ask

"A camp for ADHD and dyslexic kids. It's Greek mythology based. The counselor sees what you can do and puts you in a gods cabin accordingly."

"Which are you in?" I wonder aloud

"I'm in Posiedon, Annie is in Athena." He says speaking for Annabeth and himself. We continue this conversation the whole drive.

"Where is your guy's apartment?" Percy asks suddenly. Annabeth tells him the directions.

-----------2 days later--------

"Come on Annabeth, let's do something fun!" I plead.

"Sorry Jaz, I have to study." Annabeth says not looking up from her textbook, which was in a different language as always. "Just go take a tour somewhere or something."

"Fine." I stomp out.

I end up going to a McDonald's, then I go to the Empire state building for a tour. I get there and see Percy step into the elevator with a blond guy, with electric blue eyes. I see a Yankees cap on the ground, put it on, and walk in. Percy doesn't seem to notice me. I hear their conversation.

(P=percy J=Jason)

P: there have been a lot of monsters lately. I mean, even more than usual.

J: I've noticed that too. But I don't know why. We already closed the doors.

P: *shudders* ya. I don't know what... wait. Someone's watching us.

He takes out a pen. He uncapped it and it turned into a leaf shaped bronze sword. That can't be right only a certain type of people have those kinds of weapons... is Percy a... He swings it and I duck just in time. But he knocks the hat off.

"Jaz..." Percy says bewildered.

"Listen, I'm sorry but are you a..." I don't need to finish.

"Yes. I am. And so are Jason here, and Annie is too. I hope you don't change our view on us because of it." He says. The elevator rings, and Percy takes the hat and walks out with Jason.

Me, Percy, and Annabeth, have still been friends despite me finding about their secret. I realized your species doesn't matter. It's the content that counts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I'm on winter break!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY!!!!!! SCHOOL SUCKZ!

Anyway, answer this question first and you get a special surprise.
Here it is: in which book does Percy get blackjack?

Stay cool Demigods,

- Shark