Career day

SHOUT OUT TO FanFictiongirl you got the question right! You rock!

I know the title isn't a name, but you will see the reason young Demigods...

DISCLAIMER: I DONT OWN RICKS BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Percy P.O.V

I bet you all know me as saviour of Olympus or whatever, but I have a no rmal school life too!!!! Well sort of. Nothing in my life is normal, but this is as normal as it could get for a demigod.

Anyway, so today was Career day. Which at my school means parents come in and tell you what they Di. Usually, no-one comes in for me, which I'm fine with. Who would even come? Everyone already knows Paul, and my mom is usually busy, publishing her new book, and Poseidon couldn't come. I mean, HES A GOD!!! So that's out of the question. And if Poseidon did come in, no-one would look at me the same way again.

-------lunchtime-------

Believe it or not, I have a few friends at school. And during lunch they told me who was coming for them.

"My dad is a professional swimmer." Aiden says proudly. Ya mine too. "He's going to explain when and why he started. I'm aspiring to be just like him." She finishes.

"My mom is coming in, she is an architect. She helped build some of the greatest buildings in the world." Ava brags. I wanted to pop in saying, 'my girlfriend redesigned Olympus.' But I kept my mouth shut. I smile thinking of my wise girl. It's been SO long since I've seen her. Ok. Maybe it's been three days, but that's a VERY long time.

Then they look at me, expecting me to say something. I shake my self out of my daze. "I don't have anyone coming." I tell them. "Everyone already knows Pau- mr. Blofis, my mom has been really busy lately. My other dad was lost at sea."

"Stop lying Jackson! We know the reason your dad isn't here!" Crap. It's Darin. Our resident school bully. "He ditched you. Who wouldn't ditch a loser like you?"

"Shut up Darin." I say calmly and start to walk away.

He follows me. "My dad is one of the richest guys in America." He brags, "he owns one of the top tech companies in the world." I hear someone call his name from the other side of the cafeteria. "Smell you later Jackson." He snarls and walks away.

"Jerk" I mumble under my breath.

----------time for career day!!!!--------

I walk into the auditorium with a bunch of other kids who look like they don't want to be here. Who would? We're in high school, no-one wants career day.

The principal taps the microphone. Then clears his throat. "Good day students. Today we will be preparing for our futures by..." I zone out. Then I realize the parents are coming in.

"Now would you students go stand by your parent/guardian." Most of the kids stand up. While that is happening, I scan the crowd of parents. They are sorted into groups depending on their job. Teachers, stuff like that. I looked in the "water related" section, and standing there is the one and only Poseidon.

I run over to him. "Dad! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be on Olympus!"

"Well..." He started, "I heard you were having troubles with a bully, and why can't a father check on his son once and a while?"

I raise my eyebrows "I guess."

"And I thought that after the giant war you might want to have a normal father who goes to his kids normal school events. And I'm the chosen representative for this group to give a speech." Why dad why???!!!

Before I can complain, Aiden and his dad come up to us.

"Hello there." His dad says, "I'm Aiden's dad" he and my dad shake hands and exchange names. "Poseidon. That's an interesting name." Aiden's dad notes, "isn't he God of the water?"

"Yes, I believe it is."

"Weird since your job involves water."

"Must be a coincidence. But if you want, you can call. Me king of the oceans and seas." He winks at me.

Aiden P.O.V

I walk to my dad when it's time and we high five. I think he has the coolest job ever. He's in the Olympics and has a TON of medals. We talk for a bit, then I see Percy talking to an adult that looks almost identical to him. I thought his dad was lost at sea. So I show my dad and we walk over to say hi. Our parents exchange names and have a short conversation. I find out that Percy's dads name is Poseidon, which is a God in a Greek myth. Well, not a myth anymore, since we found out that they are real.

My dad is against this mythology stuff. He thinks us humans can survive on our own, and shouldn't bow down to people to do stuff for us. He especially hates Demigods. He calls them dangerous hybrids, because they aren't human. He thinks they are plotting against us by sending monsters at us and stuff. To tell you the truth, I don't know what I think of them. I just go along with my dad because he has a bad temper.

While our parents are talking I ask Percy something, "I thought your dad was lost at sea."

He purses his lips. "Well he got unlost." I started to say something else, but the principal cleared his throat and everyone shut up. He explains how things will work. A representative from each group will explain why what they do is important, and then we can go around asking questions at these booths that each parent made. Pretty cheesy if you ask me.

All the other groups present, it's no surprise that Darin's dad is the representative for his group. During that speech I feel like punching his dad in the face. He's just as much of a spoiled jerk as Darin.

Then it gets to our group, Water related careers. Not many people here. Percy's dad steps up to the podium. My dad should be up there. He was a star in the Olympics.

Then the speech starts. "Hello children. My name is Poseidon, I'm a sailor, and also Percy's father. I know you've heard the name Poseidon before, and yes. It is the name of the God of the seas. It's not a coincidence that my name is Poseidon and I have a job involving water." Oh no. He better not be saying what I think he's saying. My dad must realize whats happening too, because he puts on a sour face and clenched his fist. "Because I am Poseidon God of the sea." He finishes. Percy looks like he wants to disappear. "And my son Perseus is a saviour of Olympus and my favorite son."

"Prove it!" Someone yells. Poseidon looks at Percy. It looked like he was asking Percy a silent question, and Percy shrugged. Then the both raised their hands and water spilled out of the gym and turned into a perfect sphere. My mouth was hanging wide open. Percy could do that?! Wow. My dad was not going to take this well.

And I was right. He yelled, "Percy Jackson, get out of this school at once or I will call the authorities."

But Mr. Blofis walked over to him and said, "Percy has as much of a right to be here as anyone at the school. He is the bravest person I know, and has not harmed anyone here. He is one of your son's best friends. Has he hurt him?"

My dad looks speechless. I gather up my courage and say, "Dad Percy can stay. I will make sure of it." Percy gives me a grateful smile. My dad gives me and Percy death glare, then stomps out the door.

The rest of career day was pretty quiet. My dad still hated Demigods, but I didn't side with him anymore. And let's just say, Percy was never bullied again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ya! Go Aiden!!!
Question for this chap:
What was the first thing Annabeth said to Percy?

Stay cool Demigods,

- Shark