15

I opened the door of my apartment. The box was gone. Kurt was sitting on the couch watching some talk show.
"Hi." He smiled. I ignored him and took off my shoes. I walked towards the kitchen. He followed me there.
"Where have you been? I was worried." He said nicely. I ignored him still. I dug through the cabinets to find nothing.
"I'm going to go get food." I finally talked to him.
"Can I go with?" He asked.
"Whatever." I said grabbing my shoes and hastily putting them on. Kurt noticed.
"Is something wrong?" He asked while tying his shoe.
"I know." I whispered.
"About what?" He asked.
"You're on drugs." I said coldly. I walked to the door. He was on the couch, shocked.

"Are you coming or not?" I asked. He got up and grabbed his car keys. He followed me silently out the door. We got to his car and he unlocked it. I sat in the passenger seat and didn't care about seat belts.
"What do you want to get?" He asked.
"I don't care." I said. He nodded. We drove for a bit.
"How mad are you?" He asked.
"I'm not mad. I just don't know if I can live with you." I sighed. He looked sad but nodded.
"I only use it because I'm in pain."
"Ever heard of pain killers?" I said sarcastically. He stayed quiet. We stopped at a fast food restaurant. We ordered and ate silently. And then we went back home. It was pretty late and I was tired. I went into my bedroom and got into bed. I was awake for a few more hours just thinking. Kurt never came to bed.

I woke up the next morning and got out of bed. I found Kurt in the living room. Curled up asleep on the couch. I debated laying with him for awhile. I decided against it and went on with my day. I sat in the floor beside Kurt and petted my dog that was by his leg. My dog rolled over waking Kurt up. He looked confused. I got up and walked to the kitchen and made tea. I heard Kurt get up and dig around in his bags. There was some shuffling and then he came up behind me at the fridge. He put something around my neck and waited a few seconds and then pulled his hands away. I turned around and he smiled. I looked down to see a probably antique gold necklace. I put my arms over his shoulders and hugged him. He sighed.
"You know I love you more than myself." He whispered. (it's love myself better than you, Kurt.)
"I love you too."