22

Once we got back to my place of residence I unlocked the door to something I didn't really want to know. I heard Kurt and Courtney fucking, in the bed Kurt and I shared. I sighed. River dropped his bag inside and then motioned for me to sit outside with him. He sad cross legged and made me sit on his lap. He had his head on my shoulder. I pulled out a cigarette. So did he. We sat there chain smoking and enjoying eachother's company for awhile, long enough until it was time for Courtney to leave to get the baby from the nanny. Kurt came outside and once he saw me on River's lap he knew.
"Is anything we ever had gone?" He asked. I nodded. He sat a few feet away from us and lit his own cigarettes.
"I take it you know what happened. " he said shamefully. I nodded.
"Rio do you wanna go back to your house?" I asked him.
"No not really. I'd kind of like to get to know Kurt. I got off his lap and walked away. I walked until I was out of their sight and then further on. A car pulled up beside me. And before I was about to run the window rolled down, to reveal Billie Joe and Mike in the passenger seat.
"Need a ride?" He asked.
"Nah, I'm fine." I said.
"Well I'll be at your place when you get home." He smiled.
"Won't everyone" I muttered as I walked away. Billie Joe drove in the direction of our apartment. I looked around. There was a record label building. The sign on their building said "hiring". I was intrigued to say the least.

I brushed my hair with my fingers and mentally plotted the changing point in my life. I was going to try to get this job, move away from Kurt, leave him to rot. I walked up the stairs and into the glass door. An older woman sat at a desk on the phone. I instantly walked out. That was not the place I was going to start my own life. A dead end gray building that was hiring a new soul to steal. I sat on the stairs of the public library smoking cigarettes. A few hours later I returned home. I knocked on the door. I heard laughing. River opened the door. I saw behind him everyone I knew. Courtney, Green Day, Kurt, Krist, Dave, the baby. And most importantly River.
"Hi" he smiled. I walked through the door around him and walked up to the bedroom Kurt and I shared. I threw all of my clothes into suitcases and all of my personal belongings along with them. I walked downstairs.
"Who volunteers to drive me to the nearest cheap motel?" I asked. Kurt's expression changed instantly. As did River's upon realizing that I didn't want to stay with him.
"I will." Billie Joe said. He grabbed one of my bags and helped me put them in his car. He looked at a map and found the nearest hotel. We checked in and walked up to my room. I dropped my suitcases on the floor.
"Do you want to talk about why you're leaving Kurt?" He asked as he sat on the bed. I sat beside him.
"I don't know if you knew this, he fucked Courtney this morning. And we weren't together in the first place. I just don't want to live with him anymore. " I said. Billie Joe pulled me into his arms and held me there for a minute or two.
"I'm sorry." He sighed. I nodded.
"River totally sided with him." I said.
"I know." He said.
"Were they talking shit?" I asked.
"River wasn't himself. But Kurt was, and River agreed." He said sadly.
"Kindly let them know that I want them to never contact me again.
"Can I contact you again?" He asked.
"Yeah, tell Krist and Dave I still love them. They didn't do anything wrong. They have my pager." I said. Billie Joe never let go of me.
"You deserve so much better." He whispered.
"Quit being sappy." I laughed.