92

"You know, you can come live with me." River offered.

Back to LA.

Back to sweltering heat all year long, back to sleepless nights. Back to a party scene, and now that I no longer had Kurt as an anchor, I would be dragged along. Drunken people laughing and tripping over their own feet

Seattle wasn't one of those cities.

In Seattle, everything seemed to close at ten, people tucked into beds. Children were read bedtime stories.

Outside was non existent.

I could think about it, I guess.
"Maybe." I responded politely. He smiled, placing his hand on my leg.
"You know I love you, right?" He asked. I nodded slightly.
"Do you feel the same?" He asked. I thought for a moment.
"Yes." I said. He turned to me, placing a hand on my hip. He carefully kissed my forehead.

"Or... We could move back to Florida with my family, and escape the media and the craziness of LA." He smiled.

That was a good plan.

"I prefer that one." I smiled.
"Is that a yes?" He asked hopefully. I thought for a moment.

Mosquitos or drunken idiots.

I had made my decision

I nodded.
He planted a kiss on my cheek happily and called his parents.

"Rain? Is mom there?" He asked. A few seconds later he was on the line with his mother.
"Hey mom, I was wondering if a friend and I could move back to Florida and maybe stay with you guys, or maybe we could get an apartment nearby, or something." He rambled out of nervousness wringing his hands and looking at me.
"We want to escape Hollywood." He laughed slightly.

He had a nice smile.

All of his teeth were straight lines of pearls. You could string them on a necklace.

A necklace of River Phoenix's teeth.

While I was thinking about that I realized,

That was really fucking weird.

I laughed to myself, seemingly unprovoked, as River raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Alright, we'll be out some time in February. Tell all of my siblings that I love them." He said into the phone, entangling his finger into the cord.

"I love you too, mom, goodbye."