29

The baby had been with us for a few days, and it was time for Courtney to come by and get her. Kurt refused to let her out of his arms. I stayed in Kurt's room reading all day. I didn't want any interaction with Courtney at all. When later that day Kurt came upstairs and got back in bed, I was safe.
"How was it?" I asked him.
"Alright. I don't get why you don't like Courtney." He said.
"She doesn't like me." I said. He nodded.
"You're her replacement. She used to be my girl, you know. But now I think that's you. " he said. I nodded.
"What did your mom call about?" I asked.
"Her and my sister are visiting." He said.
"That's wonderful!" I said. I started to pick up around his room.
"Why are you cleaning?" He asked.
"I can't look like a slob in front of your mother. I said. He shrugged.
"They'll be here tomorrow. They're taking a plane." He said. I nodded.
"We need to go grocery shopping." I said. My dog perked up from under Kurt's blanket when he heard the word "go". I smiled.
"I'll have Krist do it." Kurt said.
"Alright." I smiled. I laid down beside him and fell asleep.

I woke up in Kurt's arms. He woke up moments after because I was looking at him. He rolled over and looked at the clock.
"Shit. They said they'd be here at 11." He said. I sat up a bit more.
"10:30?" I asked. He got up and put on a pair of jeans and changed shirts.
"Come on." He smiled. I rolled over and hugged my dog.
"Okay." I sighed getting up. I threw on a dress because it was easy, no matching involved. Kurt grabbed onto me and hugged me.
"I love you." He said. I pushed my head into his chest.
"yeah? you too." I said muffled by his shirt. He laughed.
"Let's go bother Dave." He smiled. I nodded and opened his door. I tiptoed over to Dave's room and opened the door slowly. Kurt ran in and tackled Dave. Dave yelled a bit. Krist came and stood beside me in the doorway.
"What is the issue here?" He asked.
"Nothing, MOM." Kurt teased. Krist rolled his eyes and went into the kitchen. Dave tried to push Kurt off of him but gave up. Kurt got up on his own and we went into the living room.
"I'm so worried about seeing my mom and my sister. I love them but I mean, I haven't seen them in awhile." Kurt rambled.
"I'm nervous about meeting them. What if they don't like me?" I asked.
"They will." He reassured.
"What are they like?"I asked.
"I can't explain it. I think you'll like them." He smiled.
"If they're anything like you I will love them." I said.
"Ah, they're not."  He laughed nervously.

hello it is me again uh who would be interested in a book of my poetry/rantings/art bc I have nowhere else to share it idk