Skies, Chapter Four - Asobi [遊び]

Amaya returned to the classroom, to find everyone standing at the windows on the far side, staring out at something.

It was peculiar in the sense that she didn't understand what was going on - she'd practically forgotten all about the strange way that Irina and Koro-sensei had been acting during first period, and that strangers presence, too. She'd even forgotten all about the discussion amongst her classmates about it during the break times between classes.

She blinked, pocketing her phone as she guessed it was something big, cause everyone'd left their lunches half-eaten just to watch.

'What's going on?' She asked.

'Oh! Maya-chan!' Maehara responded to her question, turning his head to glance at Amaya for a second. 'Come watch - Bitch-sensei's making a move.'

Irina was making a move? On who?

Amaya felt her brow furrow at those questions of hers, though she did as she was told - squeezing past Nagisa and Kataoka, she came to a stop just next to Maehara.

It became immediately obvious what was going on the moment she had looked around.

Karasuma had obviously retreated outside to eat his lunch in peace and quiet, and Irina was in the process of dropping her jacket onto what looked to be his foot, though from that distance there was no way that Amaya could tell.

From the classroom, it was kind of obvious that the jacket was a big part of Irinas setup, but maybe not from where Karasuma was sitting - It didn't look like he thought anything of the jacket at all, though Karasuma was a good actor.

A bold slight of view was Irina's tactic, and despite the fact that Amaya was more fond of Karasuma as a teacher, she found herself inwardly hoping that Irina could get the upper-hand on Karasuma just once, even though she didn't understand why the woman was even picking a fight with Karasuma to begin with.

Maybe Maehara could clue her in later?

Everyone watched in silence, eyes fixed unwavering upon the scene outside as Irina wandered around to stand on the other side of the tree, behind Karasuma.

And then all of a sudden, as she'd thrown herself in a dash in a wide loop around the tree, the jacket she'd discarded onto Karasumas foot lifted, dragging him off the ground by his foot. She threw herself onto him the very second he was sprawled onto the ground, pinning him down and making an attempt at stabbing him the moment she seemed to realize that she had actually gotten the jump on him.

Of course, Karasuma was quicker, catching her hands before she could land the deciding blow with the rubber knife.

Well, that was unexpected.

And it wasn't just Amaya who was surprised at the turn of events - There was a sudden explosion of rather surprised, but happy remarks and exclamations from various students in the classroom.

About the only thing that Amaya could really say about the situation was that she was honestly quite surprised that Irina could run that fast at all, let alone in heels without breaking her neck.

After what appeared more like a slapstick comedy skit than an actual exchange of words, Karasuma gave in and let go of Irinas hands, allowing the womans knife the land on his chest.

And immediately, a chorus of cheers and clapping echoed in response.

Huh, well that ended anti-climatically.

But she guessed this was for the best. Nearly everyone around her was quite happy with that, though Amaya maintained her silence on the matter.

Deciding that she'd seen enough, Amaya stepped away from the window, squeezing past Nagisa again to head for her desk. If something else happened, someone could just clue her in later.