Skies, Chapter Thirty Two - Kansen [観戦]

The so called task at hand was explained to Amaya in detail by Ritsu as she trudged into the girls changerooms to don her outfit of doom.

Tagawa Kokona, who Amaya had dubbed as Toadsworth for the rest of her life, had once been a friendly classmate of Kataoka Megu's last year until a particular incident took place.

The incident was fairly simple to understand, at least to Amaya with her cynical take on the girl.

The girl through vanity asked Kataoka with her swimming repute to give her lessons, so she wouldn't look bad in front of a desired boy on a beach trip during summer. It turned out that Toadsworth had ended up just taking one lesson and had brushed everything off afterwards once she got a big head about it.

The end result was that Toadsworth of course ended up almost drowning and had to be rescued on the said beach-trip, and had been using this so called trauma as emotional blackmail to force Kataoka to tutuor her at the drop of a hat. The pressure of having to deal with all that had Kataoka neglect her own studies, which was apparently how she ended up in Class 3-E - Which was a surprise, even to Amaya.

Kataoka was a very smart and capable girl, but of course she was also very particular about following rules, so Amaya wouldn't have expected Kataoka to end up here for breaking school rules, like Karma and herself.

And Koro-sensei's grand idea to fix the problem?

Kidnap Toadsworth while she slept in her bed, have her believe she's having a dream about fish-people teaching her how to swim when in fact, its really a Government Secret and his students forcing her to learn.

Apparently that would free Kataoka from Toadsworth's chains.

The idea of freeing the Class Rep from such a slimey girl was all good and well in Amaya's opinion, and she'd gladly help out on any other day.

Except when it came to water.

It was through this explanation of Ritsu's that Amaya guessed Koro-sensei decided to throw her into the mix as well, being another student in Kunugigaoka with trouble to do with water.

Amaya sucked in a slow breath as she finished pulling on her swimming costume, her brow furrowed as she looked down at herself.

Her particular swimming costume was a simple setup of a teal coloured onepiece with a small skirting in purple that seemed more asthetic than useful, plus the scaled, webbed socks for her arms and legs. The other pieces that Nagisa and Kayano were wearing weren't here for her to put on, so she guessed it was something they were going to put on for her - Presumably it was a difficult thing to secure in place for running around in water.

So, with a more suitable update on the situation than if Koro-sensei had bothered to explain it to her, and dressed in her drowning costume, Amaya wandered back into the classroom.

There was no sign of Koro-sensei just yet, but presumably Ritsu would let them know when he'd successfully kidnapped a sleeping Toadsworth.

Amaya slid open the door of the classroom awkwardly, her webbed accessories making it rather difficult to properly grip anything, though she knew it wouldn't really matter over at the pool.

Kataoka had arrived fully dressed while Amaya had been getting changed, dressed in a skirt with a sleeveless top, plus her webbed socks for her arms and legs.

Further to that, her hair was down and styled differently, to the point where Amaya hadn't quite recognized her at first.

'Oh, and Amaya-san's here, too.' Nagisa explained to Kataoka, who had looked over in surprise.