Burn bright

CARLS P.O.V
"Where are they? He's been gone for an hour! It doesn't take that long. How could Cam be so fucking stupid? Where did he go? Will she be back?"

I've been asking these questions ever since Daryl left. It's around 7 and everyone is awake after the argument.

We could see some smoke a couple miles away, maybe that's where she-well, they are. I thought about going and checking it out but my dad caught me before I could go.

Wanting us to play farmers. I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT FARMING!...

OH MY GOD..
I sounded like Daryl..
What in the actually fuck?

Before I could think of anything else I hear a crash at the gate. I look up and see Daryl opening the gate. But there's no sign of Minx, until the roar of the motorcycle fills the air.

A sigh of relief has escaped my mouth and before I comprehend what I am doing my feet move from under me.

I get there in a second and close the gate behind her. She hops off the bike and places it where it won't fall. As soon as she turns around I engulf her in a hug. I'm taken back when she hugs me tighter. She smells like the woods, blood, and burning wood.

What else would a Dixon smell like?

"Did you light something on fire?" I ask her as we pull away.

She shakes her head lightly and gives a little smirk. She glances at Daryl because he comments how we are like a "damn romance novel."

"I need food." She says breaking the moment and walking away.

"I'll beat ya!" Daryl yells and runs along side her. With me trailing behind. Would they be mad if they get there and find out I ate all the pudding? Nahh.

Watching them gives me hope. That even in a world full of fuck ups and flesh eating walkers, you can smile.

"Come on, really? I liked this shirt!" she yells from the ground, covered in mud. She laughs as Daryl reaches to pick her up, only to have him fall down with her.

By now they are both covered in mud, slinging it at each other and almost everyone is out whatching. They get up and run at and from eachother with mud.

"MUD FIGHT!" Daryl yells trying to go into the prison. But dad stops him.

"You are NOT coming in here like THAT." He says laughing.

"A little mud aint gonna hurt nobody." He responds. Meanwhile Minx is coming behind Daryl with a bucket full of mud.

Wait. What?
Where did she get the bucket? I look to the left only to see Glenn with another bucket. That explains it.

"DARYL DUCK!" She yells and as soon as he's out of the line of fire, Glenn and Minx throw the mud out of the pucket at dad.

A scream escapes from his mouth as he's covered in mud. While the muddy trio is laughing extremely hard. The world seems to stop as a crash is heard from the gates. Suddenly gun shots are heard and trucks rush in.

It's the governor.
And right by his side is Cam.

Maggies P.O.V

I'm laying down with Judith as shots are heard from outside. "Wtf Glenn? I'm gonna fight you later!" I think to myself