Chapter One

"That's ridiculous." Enjolras rolled his eyes and tapped his pen om his forehead. Something Grantaire paid very close attention to, because it was his very favorite thing to do. Two quick taps, a pause, one slow tap, and two quick ones again. R knew all his quirks and habits-and wanted to see him do it everyday. He could never get tired of it. Who could? "I think it's an ABSOLUTELY great idea. Just think of it. Free bottles of wine to all who join in the protest. More people, more power." R took a swig of whatever was in his flask and offered some to Enjolras, who shot him down again. "We don't need drunk supporters. We need supporters with spirit, dignity, and heart. If they have to be bribed into it-they can stay out." Enjolras blew a piece of his curly hair out of his eyes. It was getting a bit long. "Why don't you let me cut your hair for you? It'll save you a few francs." R took a strand of his golden hair and began to twist it around his finger. "Nobody uses francs anymore, Taire. Stop touching my hair, please." "You think it's sexy though right? When people say francs?" "Who told you that?" "Courf." "Well everything Courf say isn't true." But he knew it was, and he felt the blush. R winked, and tucked his hair behind his ear. "Okay, whatever you say, Apollo." R climbed on the red couch in the cafe and presumed the cuddling position. With no obligation to him, Enjolras picked up his favorite book and began reading.