Chapter Three

Taire walked into his kitchen, confused of what he saw. Enjolras? In his kitchen? But...why? How? "What are you doing, Enjolras?" R swatted the smoke out of his face. The kitchen was simply a mess. Food everywhere, pots and pans in the sink and on the island...

"I'm so sorry... I thought Jehan would've kept you out longer... I was trying to make a candlelight dinner and everything..." he stuttered over his words, trying to shut off the stove. He had flour and sriracha sauce smeared on his cheek, and God knows what on his apron.

"I even printed out a bunch of recipies..." Enjolras scrambled to the fridge where he had them clipped. R couldn't take it anymore, he swept Enjolras into his arms for a kiss, and they kissed. A beautiful, long, sweet kiss. They both pulled back quickly.

"I can handle the food, Enjolras. Why don't you go wash up, and come right back out, alright?" He nodded, extremely embarrassed, tripped over the trashcan on the way to the bathroom, and slammed the door shut. Both of them, hearts pounding, thoughts swarming, out of breath, panting, and in love. Taire, never thinking it would happen, made it happen. Enjolras, always dreaming it would happen, had his dream come true.

*Taire's POV*

Oh no, no, no, no, I scared him away. This is terrible, what am I going to do when he comes out? Pretend like it never happened? But how? When I've been waiting for it to happen for so long... My dear, sweet Apollo, our first real kiss? That one time with Courf and spin the bottle didn't count. Or did it? Would that make this our Second kiss? *

Enjolras' POV*

So many thoughts.. how can this be? I've fallen in love with the drunk, cynic, winecask. Hah, what'll Mom and Dad think? I better get washed up, before He thinks I snuck out of the window and fled the house...

As I walked into the kitchen, a heavenly scent filled me. The smell of pancakes and maple syrup.

"I made your favorite, in the shape of a Cockade. Extra maple syrup for you, I presume?" Taire held two plates of pancakes, each stacked high with ten of them. How does he do it? I have no clue.

His "cockade" shaped pancakes, really actually looked lyike little blobs of paint. He even added food coloring to the pancakes! Blue, and red. How can one be so perfect?

"I'm sorry about the mess..." I uttered softly under my breath.

"It's not a problem, Ap-Enjolras."

"I really tried to make it a surprise, Jehan was supposed to keep you up at the Garden Center, but I see how that didn't work seeing that your hair isn't braided..."

I spent the whole entire day with Jehan, and though I loathe flower shopping, I couldn't of said no. Who can say no to Jehan? But now I remember that Jehan had slipped a flower into the inside of my vest.

"You'll know what to do." He said, winking, when I shut the door to his car. I pat my pocket to find that the flower was still there. The red rose, Enjolras' favorite color. A little bent on the petals, but overall still in mint condition. Enjolras, sitting at the table, his golden curls twisting around his ears and hanging on his forehead, was waiting until I got to the table. I lit the candles, pushed his chair in, placed the red rose into the silver vase, and said,

"Bon Appeteit," We ate in silence.