Chapter Two

"Enjolras, are you sure? There are women and children here," Combeferre watched as their group of over 100 rallied in the streets. People of all ages and races gathered in the schoolyard. He saw his mother smiling proudly alongside his little sister, giving the okay signal. "Won't the police arrest all of us?" Feuilly played with his fingers, and Jehan began to braid pieces of grass together in hope to soothe his nerves. "It's a peaceful protest-" "Peaceful-until we get to Town Hall." "Right." Enjolras rubbed the back of his neck with one hand, sighing loudly. "Imagine-how did we get all these people to join? How did they find out? There are people from the other side of the city here." Courf clapped Enjolras on the back, pointing out the attractive single moms in the crowd. "It was actually Taire, believe it or not." "Oh right, he gave out flyers from dawn till dusk all around town. He's a very inspirational speaker-even when he's drunk." "I wonder how he got everyone to follow." All this talk of Grantaire made Enjolras blush like crazy. "Oh Enjy, your ears are so red!" Courf nudged him in the shoulder and chucked lightly. "Taire went sober for you, give him a lil reward, alright?" "Speak of the devil, here he is." R waltzed into the room, gave an elegant courtesy, and look right into Enjolras' eyes. In which, he turned away and continued to write,"For the people!" on a protest sign. "You did good, Taire." he drew a big exclamation point in red. R wrapped his arms around Enjolras' waist and whispered into his ear,"Did I do good?" "Yes," "What's my reward?" "What do you want...?" "You know what I want. How about a few drinks at my house? Some smokes? A candle light dinner?" "I don't smoke. But that'll be fine."