Chapter Ten

“Enjolras?” Taire rubbed his eyes and saw he was still in the passenger seat of the car-curled up in a ball with a red jacket covering only half of his body.  “Are you fucking serious...” he wiped the drool from his cheek, and the line of spit that rolled down the seat. There was a faded line going down the leather seat.

Taire twisted around to the backseat to grab the box of tissues he kept in case of an emergency, when he saw a sleeping Enjolras laying in the backseat of the car. He was obviously too big to lay flat, so his legs were curled into his belly and his hands under his head like a pillow. It was weird seeing Enjolras without his red jacket on-but then again Taire liked the way it felt on him, it sure did it’s job of keeping him warm.

He watched sleeping Enjolras and remembered their first night together. It was hard to believe it was only three days ago. The longer he stared the more he felt like Edward Cullen, and decided to wake him up. He opened the door quietly and stepped out onto the pavement, then realized that they weren’t at Enjolras’ house anymore-they were at Jehan’s.

“Enjolras,” Taire whispered sweetly into his ear. Enjolras only moved his hand to swat his ear. Taire laughed and twisted one of Enjolras’ curls around his index finger. “Enjolras,” he held out the S longer than needed, getting closer to his face. Now, he positioned himself right on top of Enjolras. He had to have been awake by now, because Taire bounced himself on top of Enjolras shouting, “Enjolras wake up we’re at the barricades!” 

“No we’re not we’re at Jehan’s.” Enjolras said groggily, too smart for Taire’s fun and games. He wiped his eyes and squinted at Taire. “Why would you wake me up at this ungodly hour of the morning?” “It’s 11am.” Enjolras laid back down in the car seat. 

“Can you tell me exactly why we’re at Jehan’s house?” Taire rolled back on top of Enjolras-he liked the feeling quite a lot. “You, need a haircut.” Enjolras grinned as Taire switched from laying on his back to his stomach, to where he was looking Enjolras right in the face. “What?” he said.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“I agree, Taire. It’s been far too long since your last haircut.” Jehan readied his clippers, and began brushing out the knots in his hair. They were sitting in Jehan’s bathroom, barely in a salon chair, more like the bathtub rim. Taire could hear the grin on Enjolras’ face as he got his hair done. 

“Now grab Enjy’s hand if you must, close your eyes, and hold your breath.” Jehan brought out the dry shampoo and sprayed like there was no tomorrow. “Your hair is extremely oily, Taire.” “I haven’t showered in three days, maybe that’s why.” Taire snapped back. Haircuts were his least favorite activity, but Enjolras’ favorite activity-to watch Taire get his hair cut. He reminded him of a pouty five year old.

“My hair’s not even that long.” Taire’s hair went past his shoulders, he often pulled it into a ponytail. “If I can french braid it, it’s far too long.” Jehan began snipping off his brown locks, inch by inch. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“I think you look dashing.” Enjolras said. Taire’s hair was now the same length as his, it was around two inches of curls all over. Long enough for Enjolras to continue playing with his hair, he made sure to inform Jehan that before he went clip-crazy. 

“I hate you.” Taire kept his arms crossed, keeping his gaze at the ground. 

“No you don’t,” Enjolras uncrossed his arms and forced Taire to look him in the eyes. Slowly breaking his shell landing a kiss on his forehead. “Thanks Jehan, he was getting a little shaggy looking.” 

“I agree.” Jehan smiled and gathered his things. He picked up the late shift at the poetry club, and he was about to head back out. Then, after he locked up, he would head over to Courfeyrac’s because it was closer, and was extremely tired. But neither of them complained-Jehan even has his own room at Courf’s now, not that he uses it for anything but keeping his stuff in. He shares a bed with Courf.

“We should have a little pool party at Courf’s tonight.” Jehan suggested. “Celebrate Taire’s new ‘look’,” he teased. Taire shoved him lightly, and Enjolras said, “Sounds great! You notify everyone, and, I’ll go get some things ready at home.”

“What do you need to get ready?” Taire asked, boggled.

“Drinks, let’s go.”

Taire indeed did not refuse.