Chapter Eleven

“I’m pretty sure Courf has plenty drinks at his-” Taire started as they entered his home. Enjolras grabbed the collar of his shirt, bringing him extremely close. “Taire, I just wanted to be alone with you for a bit before we headed over,” he kissed him passionately, Taire caught completely off guard. Enjolras pushed him onto the couch, he was on top now, and began to undress him. 

“Enjolras,” Taire said between breaths, “as much,” short breath, “as I’d,” “like to continue,” he moved his hand from Enjolras’ hip to his face, “I think we have somewhere to be.” he winked. Enjolras got up from the couch, shocked by that strong wave of emotion that overtook him and did what he did. “I’m sorry, I got carried away...” he blushed. “It’s alright, that was amazing. We should definitely get back to that once the pool party is over,” he winked once again and kissed him on the forehead. Taire took his hand and led him to where he kept all his swim trunks.

“Wear what you want, mother bought an awful lot when there was a sale.” Taire closed the door behind him to let Enjolras choose and change for himself. 

In the end, he chose the red and white striped trunks that fit loosely around his waist. He pinched it close-and was able to stick two of his fingers inside the extra space. Looking into the mirror, he pulled the trunks off his waist, like how the ladies did in the weight loss commercials. 

“Are you done, my sweet?” Taire knocked on the door, speaking in a Transylvanian accent. He slipped in the door and saw that Enjolras’ trunks were too big for him. Enjolras quickly moved to hold the trunks against his waist, making sure nothing was seen. “The strings aren’t there. I tried to pull it tighter...”

“Do you want to try on another?” Taire asked, but he saw how much Enjolras liked THAT one, and said, “I’ll be back.”

He returned with two safety pins, one for each side of the swim trunks. Enjolras held his breath and squeezed his eyes shut as Taire pinned up his trunks-deathly afraid of the needle. A minute later, eyes still shut and not breathing, he opened his eyes to see Taire looking at him from below, laughing at him.

“We were done thirty seconds ago but I just wanted to watch you,” Taire wiped his hands on his knees, “but hey, they fit now.” he quickly slipped on his swim trunks and from the cabinet below, he pulled a bottle of sunblock. Popping the cap, he twirled his fingers in a circle, telling Enjolras to turn so he could get his back.

“We don’t want you to get burned, do we?” he slathered on the lotion, rubbing it in well. Enjolras thought it felt amazing, even though it was just sunblock. Then suddenly, it stopped. He opened his eyes again, to see Taire watching him again with a smug grin. “Are you going to get my back, or do I have to keep rubbing sunblock on your back?” 

Enjolras shook his head and swiped the bottle out of his hand. Taire couldn’t deny that it felt good, especially the fact that it was Enjolras rubbing it in. But soon it was over, and they had to get the rest of their bodies themselves. 

“Oh, don’t forget. We have to pick up Catherine on the way.” Taire washed off the sunblock on his hands-one of his pet peeves, having anything greasy on his hands. 

“Catherine?”

“Catherine, you remember her? She’s the one that took Eponine to the hospital that one time she slipped next to the pool-and broke both her arm and leg. Carried her like a babe,” 

Enjolras racked his brain for that memory, but couldn’t find it. He didn’t even remember being at the pool with anyone but the Les Amis. “Maybe I wasn’t there that day,” “Oh wait, I remember, you were at that meeting for ‘Young Leaders of the World’, that thing.” 

“Right.”

“Well, it looks like you’ll be meeting a good friend of mine.” Taire slipped an eighteen can pack of beer under his arm and dangled the car keys in the air.

------------------------

“Who’s blondie?” Catherine climbed into the backseat, lowering her shades onto her nose. She was wrapped in a beach towel and had a plastic tote bag on her shoulder. 

“I’m Enjolras,”

Catherine took out one earbud from her ear and said, “What?”

“This is Enjolras, Catherine. Enjolras, meet Catherine, Catherine, meet Enjolras.” Grantaire said, not sensing the judgement going on between Enjolras’ and Catherine’s eyes. 

“Oh yeah-Young Leaders of the World boy. Nice goin’, blondie. How do you feel about the war going on in the Middle East, Blondie?” Catherine raised her eyebrows.

“It’s Enjolras.”

“Answer the question, Blondie.” Catherine said nonchalantly. She raised the volume of her voice to show Taire that this was her turf-and didn’t want anyone else to mess with it until she was done.

“Let’s get going.” Taire flashed his ‘Stop or I’ll kick you to the curb’ look, stepped on the gas and drove the ten minutes to Courf’s house, where the party was about to begin.