Chapter 23

A week later

Elias' P.O.V

"You're one of those people? Good lord," I said as Emily squirted ketchup on top of her fries. "You just killed them." I teased and gave her a disgusted face. She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "That's the only way you should do it." She emphasized and gave me a smirk. I laughed, with very little humor. "Uhh, no. That's just wrong, I'm sorry." I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms. She locked eyes with me and we both laughed. "Tuh-may-to, tuh-maw-toe," She said as she flicked her wrist at me. I smiled at her, looking into her blue eyes. "You have beautiful eyes, you know that?" She returned a smile, and shook her head at me. "You're so cheesy," She giggled as her face flushed a soft pink. I laughed, "You do know these are the eyes of a person that hasn't had a good nights sleep? Bags and all." She added as she pointed at the dark bags under her eyes, which in my opinion, weren't as bad as she said them to be. "Well, go get some sleep." I said with soft voice. She shook her head, "I can't..I'm scared. I don't know why but every time I close my eyes to sleep, I panic and I open them right away. It's not fun, and I swear if I go another night without sleep, I might just go crazy." She shook her head and pulled the blanket we were sharing up to her shoulders. "Do you want me to stay? I'll stay awake with you until you fall asleep," I suggested and she gave me a soft smile. "Are you sure? You don't have to, El," She asked with a weary tone. I nodded assuringly, "I told you I'm here for you. Whatever, whenever, wherever you need me." I smiled and returned the favor, resting her head on my shoulder. "Thank you. You're the best," She wrapped her arms around my arm. "I guess if you're saying it, then I suppose it must be true." I smiled and chuckled. I gave her a kiss on the head and I got up. "C'mon." I said, referring to the stairs to go to her bedroom. She looked at me and gave me a pouty face. "I can't walk anymore. Let's just sleep out here," I nearly melted inside when she pouted her lips. She's honestly on a whole other level of cute. "But your bed is so comfyyy," I whined. She giggled, "I know! But I don't feel like walking," She shrugged. I sighed and picked her up and hung her over my shoulders. "This is not what I had in mind, I was hoping something more romantic like bridal style." She laughed and I too. "Oh, I'm sorry princess," She smacked my butt and laughed, "Hey!" I screamed with a chuckle. I made my way into her room and softly dropped her onto the bed. She screamed playfully, "Are you trying to kill me?!" She yelled and I smiled at her. "Not exactly," I smirked and started tickling her. She screamed laughing and started kicking, "Stop! I don't wanna hurt y-you!" I laughed at her begging. It was then I felt her kick my balls, and I quickly stopped, dropped, and rolled onto the floor holding my buddy's. I groaned as I somehow managed to laugh through the pain. "Fuck,"
"I told you, didn't I?" She laughed as she had her hand covering her mouth. The pain soon went away and she was sitting on the edge of the bed, looking down at me as I just lied flat and stared at her. We both went serious and then not long after, busted out laughing. "I deserved it."

Three Hours Later: 3:00 am

I heard her breathing become a lot more calm, and I figured she had fallen asleep. We were talking for a while and finally I told her to go ahead and sleep, and she did. I kissed her head and positioned my body, now laying on my side. I wrapped my arms around her, pulled the blanket up, and I felt myself drift off to a deep sleep.
6 Hours later
I woke up to the sun shining in my face and held myself up with my arm, I looked next to me and seen Emily still sleeping. I smiled at her and got out of bed. I walked to the restroom, went pee and brushed my teeth. Might as well take a shower. I got out of the restroom and went to the guest room where I left some clothes in case of times like these. I looked through the top drawer and found a regular dark gray T-Shirt and went to the second drawer and found my Nike sweatpants, under them were some black Calvin Klein boxer briefs. I collected them and went back to the restroom and seen Emily was still asleep, so I kept the door unlocked and place my clean clothes on the sink. I turned on the water to a good temperature and removed my clothes, and took a shower. 10 minutes past, I open the curtain and remember I didn't grab a towel. Fuck. As I got out, I heard the door knock twist and within not even a second, it opened to a sleepy Emily, rubbing her eyes. I covered myself with my hands and cleared my throat. She snapped her head up and quickly got out of the restroom and closed the door almost all the way. "I thought you were in the guest shower!" She yelled and I could hear she was holding her laugh back. "I thought you were gonna keep sleeping!" I argued. She laughed. "Well, anyway, can you bring me a towel?" I asked as we both chuckled it off. "Yeah, sure," I heard her walk away to her closet and not long after she was holding a towel through the door. "Gee, Em, first you wanna kick me in the balls and now you wanna see?" I joked and she laughed. "You should've seen your face." I grabbed the towel from her and I chuckled, "Well, I'm sure you would've had the same look as well, especially since you can't cover your whole body." I teased.
"Don't make it sound like such a bad thing," I wrapped the towel around my waist and looked at her through the crack. She winked at me and laughed.
My heart raced for a bit but I laughed with her. I suddenly had the picture in my mind but quickly shut it off  to prevent a boner. Well, fuck me. I thought sarcastically. "I'll be in the other restroom since you wanna claim mine." She said before walking away. I closed the door and made sure to lock it. I dried myself off and put my clothes on. I brushed my hair and slicked it back. I looked at my broad body and I felt pride in how far I've come. I used to be severely overweight, I was only 17 and I weighed 400 pounds. My journey to lose weight wasn't pretty and wasn't short, it took me 2 years to lose the weight completely to a healthy 220 pounds. I'm 6ft so 220 was a dream to me. I had lost all the weight but my body just wasn't on my side, leaving me 'man boobs'. I had to have surgery to get that fat removed and it left me scars underneath my nipples. Nearly 7 years later, they're completely disappeared. I was ashamed of them for the first 2 years but after a while I stopped giving a fuck and was proud of them. That shame reoccurred when I had lost my virginity at 21 and questioned whether or not I should take my shirt off, I felt confident enough, especially since I did a good job (said the girl at least), but when I did take my shirt off, she mistook me for a transgender since transgender ftm have those same scars, she called me a freak and slapped me and ran off. I was depressed for a couple months or so when finally I had went to a party and had sex again, this girl didn't mind at all, she asked me where they were from and I told her and she listened. She called me brave and I felt confident once again. I dated her for the next year and she had to move, so we broke it off.
Although I was proud of them, and I still am, I started rubbing vitamin oil over them everyday and they disappeared within last year. Looking at me, you probably can't tell I ever weighed 400 pounds but I guess that's why you get to know people. I've always been interested in getting to know people and their past. And I've always been interested in helping people discover their good side, their happy side. I guess that's why I'm helping Emily, but I'm scared I'm just getting myself into a whole world of feelings.
It's definitely possible, and it's definitely happing.
------

I hope you guys liked this chapter! Definitely my favorite chapter I've written. I apologize if you wanted Jemi but I decided to show you on how Elias & Emily are together just for a chapter. I have some questions!
1. How do you feel about Elias?
2. How do you picture he looks like? I wanna see how creative your minds are :) See if they're anything like my picture of him is.
3. Opinion on my story overall? It's fine, be honest. Just don't be a jerk about it 😂 Anyway, thank you for reading, it means a lot. Love you guys ❤️ - Josie