Chapter 13

"Dammit!" Joe hissed as he sat down on the bed. He threw the phone on the bed and sighed; resting his elbows on his knees and cuffing his face with his hands.

"Do you have any idea where she might be? And why she would want to leave?" Emily asked, sighing. She was just as worried as Joe. As Joe lifted his head from his hands he shook his head. "Em, if I knew where she might be I wouldn't be sitting here." He pointed out. He tries to say it as politely as he could but he didn't have time to deal with stupid questions. Emily wasn't offended by his slight attitude. Besides, he had every every right to act this way. His girlfriend just left without any explanation whatsoever.

As Emily looked around, her attention was grabbed by Joe's phone ringing. He had gotten a text message. Joe picked up his phone and unlocked it, to read:

I'm sorry Joe. I need some space too. Maybe we rushed into this too fast? I don't know. I love you. I'm sorry.

From: My Baby(:

Joe didn't know what to think, honestly. What did she need space from? From him? From Emily? Was it because she thought Joe and Emily had a thing? Every possible scenario(every worst possible scenario) kept popping into his head.

"Who is it? Is it Demi?" Emily asked curiously. Joe nodded as he ran his fingers through his jet black hair. He sighed, "This shouldn't of happened. Why does it have to be like this every fucking time?" "What do you mean?"

"I mean, this shouldn't of happened. I'm sorry, I am, but I should've just said thank you and left. I..." He stopped. He felt as if it was his fault, that he should've told Emily bye a long time ago and maybe, just maybe, this wouldn't of happened. Maybe him and Demi would be alright. So in a way, he was also blaming Emily.

Emily looked at Joe, confused and somewhat frustrated. "Joe, don't do that. Don't do the 'if I would of done this' crap. That's too bad; what happened, happened and that's that. I don't know about you but I'm glad I met you and I mean that in the most friendly way possible and nothing else. So, either you're just gonna sit here, pouting and wishing, I'd suggest you get your ass up and we find Demi so you guys can work it out." Emily said she raised her eyebrows.

Joe looked at her and sighed, he knew she was right so he got up and they left out the apartments and into Joe's car. Joe was surprised Demi hadn't taken the key since she did have her own pair.

Once they got into the car, Joe started it and started driving to the nearest liquor store just so he could stop and call Demi.

As Joe pulled up next to the store, he flipped out his phone and called Demi.

1 ring. 2 ring. 3 ring. 4 ring. 5 ring.

Once Joe heard the operator, who was beginning to introduce Demi'y voicemail, he ended the call and let out a loud deep breath.

"Let me try. I mean, she can't know my number right?" Emily asked as she pulled out her phone. Joe's face lit up and he nodded in agreement. "Yeah, okay, here's her number." He said. He showed Emily his phone that had Demi's phone number on it, under the contacts. Emily typed it in and not long after, she dialed it. It started ringing.

1 ring. 2 ring.

"Hello?" A familiar voice asked. It was definitely Demi.

Emily nodded at Joe with a smile, letting him know that Demi had answered. "Um, hi, hold on."

Emily took the phone off her eat and covered the speaker with her hand. "What do I say?" Emily said as she basically mouthed it. "Give it to me." He said, whispering. Emily handed Joe the phone and pressed it against his ear. "Um.." Joe began. Not long after, he heard Demi sigh, "Joe, I'm not stupid. I know your voice better than you think."

Joe let out a soft scoff.

Dammit. She's gonna hang up and we'll be done forever. I can't. I just can't.

-

I'm so sorry this sucks. I hope you like it though :) thanks for reading! ❤️ - Josie