Part-8

Connie and Jacob had returned to the ED.

They haven't had a proper conversation about the events that occurred as Jacob kept on avoiding Connie. He only spoke to her if necessary. He had stopped calling her annoying names and only referred to her as Mrs Beauchamp.

Connie missed Jacob's company. His arrogance! She missed him annoying her. She missed being called 'sweet cheeks'. But most of all, she missed his touch. His soft touch.

_______________________________

"Jacob, can I talk to you please?"she asked.

"Sure Mrs Beauchamp." He said.

How she wished he would still call her sweet cheeks. She had gotten used to it.

They went to connie's office.

"Jacob, I know I was wrong and I am truly sorry!" She said."Please can we talk and sort it out."

"Sorry Mrs Beauchamp," he said. "I thought it was going to be work related and if it isn't then am not interested." With that he left the office.

Connie broke down. Since Jacob stopped talking to her, she has been crying all the time. She felt alone! No one to turn to!

_______________________________
Later at the ED.

Out of the blue, three armed men came into the ED and fired gun shots. The Ed had to be evacuated and most people were out except for Connie, Jacob, Zoe and Rita.

"We need to leave right now,"demanded Rita.

"She is right," said Zoe. "We could end up loosing someone."

They made their way out hiding from the men when connie saw that one of them was targeting Jacob. She threw herself in front of him.

Connie was shot. Shot from protecting Jacob. She risked her own life for him. She couldn't bare lose him.

"Connie... Connie..."Jacob screamed. Stay with me. "You will be okay."

He had to stay strong. He couldn't let his emotions get the better of him or else he wouldn't be allowed in resus.

Jacob carried Connie to resus. They Were treating her when all of a sudden, Connie went into cardiac arrest.

"We are losing her," said Zoe. "We need to stop the bleeding. The blood is going out as soon as we put it in."

"No Zoe save her," shouted Jacob. You have to. He looked at Connie and started screaming at her. "Why did you do that for? Why did you take the bullet for me. You know I can't live without you. Yet you want to put me through all of this."

The rest of the staff were shocked. Were Jacob and connie together? They questioned themselves. But they were happy, at least Connie was happy. She must be happy as Jacob clearly loves her.

Zoe started performing CPR but nothing was happening. Connie's petite body lay in the bed. Jacob felt helpless! He couldn't do anything to save her.

After 15 minutes, the team decided to stop. It was effortless. She was gone! They had lost her.

"I am sorry Jacob but we have lost Connie..."

"Noo..nooo...Cooonnnniiiiieeeee..."