Part-13

"Thank you once again Jacob!"Connie said. "For bringing Grace back! Now we can be a proper family!" She kissed him and went out! He left Grace with Jacob to see how they would get on. She hoped they would!

At around 1pm, Jacob made lunch! It was only chips and burger but he wanted to make sure Grace liked him! After all he was going to be his step dad!

"Grace, lunch is ready!" He called for her.

He placed the place and glass of juice on the table! Called her again and went to the living room!

Time passed and Jacob didn't realise that Grace never came down! It was not 7pm and connie was due to arrive in 10 minutes.

"Grace darling! Come have something to eat! It's late and you didn't have toe lunch!"

Grace still didn't come!

After around 10 minutes, Connie walked in! Grace honey! I am home! She said. Instantly Grace came running down and hugged her mum! I missed you she said! "Aww darling, I missed you too and I love you!"

Jacob found it a bit odd that Grace didn't respond to him calling her! But she is just a kid!

"Have you eaten darling?"Connie asked.

"No, Jacob didn't give me food! I am still hungry!" Grace said.

Connie gave Jacob an angry look but didn't say anything.

"I called you Grace! For lunch and Dinner but I think you didn't hear me!"He said.

"You could have gone up stairs and checked Jacob!" Connie snapped.

"I am sorry Connie!" Said Jacob and with that he went upstairs. At that moment Connie realised that she was harsh! He did her a favour by watching Grace and she was rude to him.

"Darling, I will just come!" She went upstairs and saw Jacob looking out the window. She went closer and hugged him from behind! " I am sorry" " I didn't mean to snap"

"It's okay sweet cheeks!"He replied. "I made a mistake but it won't happen again! I promise!"He kissed her and pulled her into a hug!

He was in deep thoughts! He couldn't understand why Grace would say that..