Part-23

Connie, Grace and Jacob were back at holby! The last time they were there, they weren't talking to each other but now, everything is sorted! Connie couldn't wait to get back, it had been nearly 3 weeks since she and Jacob left! Mr Guy knew so he had put Zoe as a temporary clinical lead.

It was Connie's 20th week scan! They were both really excited but of course very nervous too! Connie wanted a girl whereas Jacob wished for a mini sweet cheeks! They had decided to tell everyone about her pregnancy after the scan!

_______________________________

Jacob and connie waited anxiously for the midwife! Connie wanted everything to be fine! She was really looking forward to seeing their little baby! Even though it's just a scan! It still their little baby! Jacob was sitting besides her; comforting and supporting her! He knew how much the child meant to Connie. She would finally have a chance to prove to herself she is a good mother! Something that she thought she failed at.

After a few minutes, the midwife came out and introduced herself!

"Hello, Mrs Beauchamp and Mr Masters" she said! I will be your midwife throughout your pregnancy! Any questions or issues you have, please don't hesitate to call me!

After placing herself in the bed, she moved her top so the midwife had access to her stomach. She applied the jelly which made Connie jump as it was cold. She knew it was cold but forgotten how cold it was. It was nearly 13 years since she had Grace!

" Your baby looks fine! He is health" she said. "There is nothing to be worried about!"

Connie and Jacob were pleased to hear that! They just wanted everything to be alright!

"Would you like to know the sex of your child?" She asked.

Connie and Jacob looked at each other and then nodded in approval.

" It's a healthy little boy" she said.

"As if one of them wasn't enough" Connie muttered. But she was happy! More than happy! Soon they will have a mini Jacob to their family! She couldn't wait to tell Grace! She couldn't come as she had already started school!

"This clearly shows you love me sweet cheeks!" He winked at her! "You love me so much you decided one of me isn't enough" he said smirkingly! "Soon you will have two of us to put up with"

"Can't wait!" Connie said! She rolled her eyes! She got ready to leave when Jacob kissed her head and said "Thank you! You have made me the happiest man today!"

_______________________________

Connie and Jacob walked hand in hand into the ED earning shocked stares from the staff! They were sure they had broken up but the holding hands and the visible bump on Connie's tummy proved them wrong. They were happy for them! Especially for Connie! She had finally found love! She deserves it after what she has been through!

Zoe approached them! "I can see congratulations are in place" Zoe said happily! " I am really happy for you Connie! And you Jacob!"

Thank you" she both replied.

As Zoe was about to leave, Connie stopped her saying "Can you please come to my office"

Connie kissed Jacob and he left to do his job whereas Connie and Zoe headed to her office.

She searched her back and took out a scan picture. " I thought you should be the first person to know" she handed Zoe the picture! " it's jacob junior! she smiled.

"Aww" how adorable! She then looked at Connie and said, "two Jacobs ! Good luck with that!"

Zoe wanted to give her a hug but she didn't want it to be awkward. She handed the picture back and was about to leave when connie said" Wait Zoe, there is something else I want to ask you!"

" I was thinking...if.we could maybe be..."

"Friends?" Zoe asked!

"Yes" Connie replied. She hoped she would agree!

" oh come here" and Zoe went to give Connie a hug!

Connie gave the scan picture back to Zoe and said" keep it! I have spoken to Jacob about it and we both want you and max to be the child's godparents!"

"Really?" Zoe asked! " I am sure Max will be pleased to hear that" she gave Connie another hug and left the office with the picture on her hand! Oh she couldn't wait to meet him!!

Connie was glad to be back... She has missed the place... It bought back good memories...memories of her and Jacob when he first started...