Part-14

Connie has just finished her shift! She was so tired! Her head was throbbing due to having a migraine! She sure was glad to go back home! To her two favourite people! Jacob had finished earlier so he went home to stay with Grace!

Things have been a bit tense with her and Jacob since Grace's arrival! They have been constantly arguing! Not talking for days! But Connie hoped today would be different!

She arrived home half an hour later to find Grace Sitting by the stairs crying! She ran to her side and hugged her asking " darling what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Grace held out her hand! It had a cut and red marks! Red marks that show someone had hit her! Connie was shocked! She couldn't understand what this happened! " how did it happen?" she asked!

"Jacob... "She muttered! "I asked him if I Could go to the park and he refused! When I asked again, he hit me! With his belt!" Grace began to cry even harder! "He is not nice mummy! I don't like him! He's really horrible to me!"

Meanwhile Jacob came out from the bathroom when she had Connie's voice. He had missed her! Missed her a lot! He wished things would go back to normal! But then he heard Grace crying so he quickly rushed downstairs! " what's the matter Grace! Did something happen? He asked.

"Just leave her alone!" Connie shouted! "I didn't think you could do that!!"She was furious! How dare he touch her daughter!

"Connie what did I do?"He asked.

Connie shoved Grace's hand in front of him! "This she said! This!!" How dare you Jacob! Why did you hit her! Just because she wanted to go to the park!"

"Connie.. Listen," he said. "I haven't done anything! Grace is lying! Connie believe me!"

"I don't want to listen! Just get out of here! I don't want you living here!" She took off her engagement ring and threw at his face! "We are done!"

Jacob couldn't believe once! Once again Connie has proved that she didn't trust him! Tear drops! He was crying! Over a girl! This has never happened before! He went upstairs and packed his belongings! Placed the ring by Connie's side table and wrote a note! "Keep it! I bought it for you.

                     x-x-x-x

Connie watched as Jacob appeared! He was carrying his bags down the stairs! He was actually leaving her! She wanted to stopped him but then saw Grace...

"Bye Mrs Beauchamp,"he said before shutting the door...